Part 7

After we kissed that night, we didn't stop. Not until we were both panting next to each other in my small bed smiling like idiots. I fell asleep and woke up in his arms and I was happy. We never put a label on what this was since it had just started but it hadn't stopped either. Every day there was another text, call or meetup that led to messy kisses and laughing at nothing. I was beginning to wonder how he was able to see me and talk to me so much with his job but I was happy.

I was walking back from my last class that unfortunately ended at around 8 pm. I was usually aware of my surroundings and prepared but I was texting Calum with a lovesick smile on my face and didn't notice the masked man that had been following me for the last two blocks. I was almost at my building and began digging in my bag for my keys when I felt a hand grab my arm roughly and drag me away from the streetlights.

I was too shocked to scream and when I was roughly shoved into the brick wall I snapped back into reality. I felt a hard, cool metal against my throat and heard a rough voice say "Make a noise and it's over." I swallowed roughly and silently prayed that I would be okay.

The man grabbed my bag and threw it behind him. His hand was sure to leave bruises with how hard he was gripping my arm. I felt tears well up in my eyes at the pain and fear. He began to press the blade harder into my neck and I whimpered. What did he want? Just then a car drove by and the headlights flooded the alley with light. The man's face and hands dropped and he backed away quickly. He handed the bag back to me and rushed out a "Don't tell boss, please. I didn't know." before bolting out of my sight.

I didn't try to catch my breath before I ran back into the light and to my building. I saw Calum walking up the steps and I screamed his name. He turned around, surprised, and worried. When he saw me he rushed to hold me in his arms, whispering soothing words and attempting to calm me down.

"What happened? Y/N, you're okay now. I promise." I couldn't speak yet and pointed to the door of my building. Calum took my keys and led us to my apartment. He held me on the couch as I sobbed for what felt like a lifetime.

"I was walking home," I started "This man just grabbed me and held a knife to my throat and I thought I was gonna die." The sobs racked my body again and I felt Calum tense up.

I looked up and his face had turned cold and hard and the fire in his eyes startled me. He looked like he could kill but the warmth his eyes held when he looked back at me told a completely different story.

"Then he just left. He said something like 'don't tell boss' but he was gone before I could think and I just ran." I felt Calum tense again and heard his heartbeat start to rise.

"It'll be okay. I'm glad they left." He said shakily and I was so emotionally and physically exhausted that I just held him tightly and whispered: "Thank you for coming back." Calum didn't need an explanation as to what I meant as he lifted my head and looked me in the eyes as he said "I'll never leave you again. It's you. It's always only ever been you." He hesitated for a bit before he said something else. Something I had been waiting for.

"I know it's not exactly the right timing but I need you. I need you to be mine." I smiled and kissed him softly.

It suddenly felt like every tear, unsent message, sleepless night and all the heartache was worth it. I had my Calum back. It was always him. I knew Calum Hood like the back of my hand. And I knew Calum Hood was it for me.