Part 16

After Calum kissed me I was frozen. My feelings for him never left and we had never established what our future was so the kiss took me by surprise. I found a ride back to our hotel and paced back and forth, overthinking the entire situation again and again.

Did I want Calum? Yes

Did I trust him? Yes

Did I want to be with him? Ye-

My thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open and a flustered Calum rushing in. He quickly deadbolted the door and spoke, "You need to get on the next flight out of here. I have some people looking at tickets already but I just wanted to let you know."

I was confused and slightly angered at the demanding tone in his voice. "No," I spoke simply. Calum stopped moving around the room and turned to face me.

"Y/N, you don't get to argue about this. The next flight leaves-" I scoffed and raised my eyebrows at him. "You can not be serious right now. You're the one that wanted me here and now you're pushing me away? No. You may have a lot of control and power in your world but you don't control me. You're not getting rid of me that easily."

Calum groaned and rubbed his hands over his face. "Please just listen to me." He pleaded and the demanding nature was gone. He was truly begging me to leave and I didn't know why. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked, suddenly growing insecure.

"What? No, it's just," Calum trailed off before continuing with a sigh, "I don't want you to see what I do and leave me. I care too much about you to let that happen again." I smiled softly and walked closer to him, grabbing his face in my hands before directing his eyes to meet mine.

"You were right." Calum furrowed his eyebrows as I continued, "You were right when you told me that I know you and who you are. I don't give a fuck what you do because at the end of the day you're still my Calum and that won't change for a second. Especially when I see you do your job. I love you and that means every part of you."

Calum quickly leaned down to kiss me for the second time that day and I returned it. The warmth of him spread throughout my entire body and my hands traveled to the hair at the back of his neck as his hands went to my waist. We kissed until our lungs burned for oxygen but the flames igniting at his touch surpassed anything else. His lips went to my neck and I let out a desperate whimper of his name.

He looked me in the eyes and whispered, "I love you", before traveling down to my collar bones. I reached for his shirt and tugged it upwards, desperate to see his body. He ignored my prying hands and sucked a mark above my left collar bone, earning a small moan from me. He continued nipping at the sensitive skin of my neck until I pushed him away and tugged at his shirt again. He chuckled and teasingly spoke, "Someone's needy." before obliging and pulling his shirt off of his smooth skin. My hands went to trace his tattoos as he lifted me onto the bed.