Part 18

The unease never left my body and before I knew it, the sun was long gone and I was crawling into bed. Every time I tried to shut my eyes and drift off a pang of worry and a stream of anxious thoughts raced through my body and mind. I tossed and turned for what felt like centuries and decided it was probably best to do some classwork to tire myself out.

I groaned softly and threw the covers off of my body but froze when I hear the faint sound of vibrations coming from my phone. I quickly grabbed it and barely read the caller ID before answering the call and beginning to talk.

"Hey Cal, are you coming back soon?" I spoke quickly and realized just how tired I sounded. My heart started to flutter at the thought of Calum but I couldn't fight the itch of stress and worry that arose as well.

"Hey, babydoll, no I uh, I think I'm gonna stay a little late tonight but I just wanted to tell you that I love you. So fucking much." His voice seemed to slightly waiver and the fear grew ever so slightly. "You ok, Cal?" I felt my leg bouncing and tried to calm myself. What are you so worried about? He's just doing his job. I reassured myself. His incredibly dangerous job. I shook my head to try and get rid of the thoughts running through it as he began to speak again.

"I don't have too much time before I have to get back to work but I have something to tell you and I know it's not really a good time and I meant to do this in person but fuck Y/N I want to marry you. I always have and I always planned on it and I even bought a ring back in London but I knew it was too soon. But I just want you to know because I love you and I want forever with you."

I thought I was dreaming. Surely I must've dozed off and I'm just dreaming. I pulled the phone away from my ear and clamped a hand over my mouth as I felt happy tears roll down my face. My smile was practically splitting my face in two but I couldn't help it. Why is he telling you this now? I ignored the anxiety-fueled commentary and replied after a beat of silence. "You better get here and ask me in person whenever you can, Hood. I love you so fucking much."

Calum laughed and it sounded pained but I brushed it off and listened to his soothing voice as I felt my eyes starting to miraculously droop, "I'll see you soon. Sleep well. I love you." His voice cracked slightly but I ignored it and ruled it as emotions overwhelming him. I couldn't blame him as I probably sounded the same, if not worse. "I love you, Cal. Talk soon."

I ended the call and lay back in my bed. I didn't have an issue falling asleep with wedding bells serenading my dreams.