1.Beginning

A/N: Thank you people for supporting my book. I never thought this fantasy of mine will ever come alive like this and that people would actually like it.

Characters in the chapter:
▪Saanvi- A 21st Century Girl.
▪Karn- the oldest of the Pandava brothers.
▪Vidura- Prime Minister of Kuru Kingdom and uncle of Pandavas and Kauravas.
               ____________________________

Saanvi's POV:
I am the bride.
Tomorrow is my wedding.
I ought to get my beauty sleep and dream of my sweet honeymoon.
But I can't!
It is the last thing on my mind right now.

The only thing I care about is how to get out of this mess. Because, like it often happens to me, it is one of those situations where I am pretty sure that this is not my destiny.
I will be married tomorrow to a guy I hardly know!

What was him name again? Rajesh? Brijesh? No, It's Mahesh I guess.

This guy and I are to share a bed, home and life for the rest of our lives. And probably for seven more, if what our ancestors say is true.
Not happening!

Since the time I have come to my senses, there has always been a voice inside me. Pestering me, rebuking me, calling me.
Though I don't know where!

It keeps telling me there is someplace where I am urgently needed. As if the whole world depends on me being there.
I choose to ignore it, but now its painfully clear to me that I cannot hold it in anymore. I need to face my destiny. I need to escape this wedding.

I need to figure something out. ASAP.

                         *Meanwhile*
         In some other time and place-

A strapping, beautiful man entered a battle arena. Several thousand pairs of awestruck eyes stayed fixed on him.
Everybody knew that Karna was a good archer but did not know exactly how good he actually was.

Karna gave a salutation to the seniors and bowed in respect. He then proceeded to show his skills off.

Karna stripped a tree of all its leaves. He lit up a fire on the ground by invoking an astra, and then he doused the fire with a shower brought by another astra. He then created a mountain out of nothing and then blew it away.

This was a never-seen-before experience for the spectators who became insane with excitement

Soon sunset occurred, and the events of the day came to an end.

Karna is the firstborn son of kunti and the eldest of all the kuru descendants but still is not the heir to the throne of Hastinapur.

It is said that once upon a time, when all kuru princes were children, a charioteer had abducted Karn in a wierd sense of revenge against the king of Hastinapur.

Karna went missing for 15 years.

He missed his childhood at the palace, and he also missed his education at the hands of guru Drona.
It was a chance encounter that Karna, then named Radheya by the charioteer came to the city of Hastinapur on some business that, Vidurji, half brother to king Dritrashtra identified him and brought him to the palace.

It was from here that his education and training in arms started.
This is why the other princes far excel him in knowledge and skill.
And this is the reason that inspite of being the eldest, he is not the heir.

But there was one skill in which nobody, not even Arjun, could surpass Karna- Archery!

And Today's display of Karna's skills marked the completion of his training.

Though there were regular clashes between the pandavas and the kauravas, Karna is accepted and loved by the pandavas as well the kauravas. Thus, is the jyesht bhrata to everybody.
              ---------------------------------------------

PS: The first chapter is often the hardest to write and probably the lamest to read.
So don't yet run away and tune in to the next chapter!!