46. Shantanu

Karna's POV:
It was dinner time. Everybody was seated  for the food to be served. The elders had already eaten, so only the young were remaining. 
Dushala and Jayadaratha were sitting side by side.
They both were in bliss due to  their  newfound romantic feelings and everybody else was also rejoicing their teasing.
But there was one person who wasn't happy.
The whole night, Karna seethed in anger at the sight of Shantanu.
And his anger was at cloud nine when Shantanu deliberately sat beside  Saanvi for dinner. 
'And why was saanvi so pink all of a sudden?'
The food was bland to Karna's buds.

'What are they both whispering? I have no expectations from that bloody Shantanu creep, but Saanvi? I did not expect this from her.
At least she should know how a woman should behave with men! Giving in to his advances will only make Shantanu bolder. Was she also enjoying those shameless acts?'
Everything tasted bitter to him.

Post diner:
Most retired to their beds and the others decided to play 'Dumb-charades' at the gardens to deepen the probable bonds formed between the two families.
Two captains were chosen and teams were made.
Karna unwillingly joined Jayadaratha's team as he had fewer members from his side.
The game was fun, for others.
Karna's ears were bleeding at the amount of noise they were making.
Now it was Saanvi's turn to come forward and get a character name from their team. She will then have to give clues to her team via her acting and her team will have to guess the correct person.
Karna looked at his team to see what their llan was. 
Suddenly, Shantanu stood up- "I will give her the name."- he said and ran towards  Saanvi. 
Saanvi, startled at the sudden dash made by Shantanu, could not control herself in time and they both collided.
Headfirst.
Shantanu fell down on the grass.
Saanvi fell down on the grass.
They looked at each other.
And laughed!

'What the hell is happening here?'
Karna was so outraged and confused that he went straight to Saanvi, bent a little, held her wrist, yanked her up and pulled her after himself and walked away from the gardens.

Karna's hold on Saanvi tightened, and he dragged her away. Saanvi stumbled behind Karna.

"Karna stop. What are you doing? Let me go."
Karna's ears did not register anything. He continued marching away.

"Karna leave my hand. It's hurting."
They both reached a deserted hall. Karna pushed them past the gates and abruptly let go of her hand. His breathing was heavy. He tried to calm himself down.

"Why did you drag me away like this? What has gotten into you Karna?"
Karna didn't answer.
On seeing Saanvi with Shantanu, he was filled with rage. But now, in front of Saanvi he did not know what to say.

"Karna answer me!"- Saanvi raised her voice a little.
"How could you Saanvi? Fooling around with that Shantanu? Don't you have an ounce of shame in you?"- Karna whispered.

Saanvi's eyes widened at the accusation.
"What..fooling with Shantanu?"

"At my sister's wedding you are planning on doing your own setting are you? I saw what happened earlier and then at the dinner."

"What the heck are you on about Karna?" -Saanvi was enraged now.
"First my brother, then me and now you are on Shantanu? I have never seen a woman as fast as you, jumping over some other men at their first sight."- Karna roared.

Saanvi was shocked. Karna was questioning her character? Her ears could not believe what was coming out of his mouth.
Her best friend was questioning her character?
And Yudhisthir?
"How could you Karna? How could you say this? I never..Yudhisthir..and, and you?.."- Saanvi was speechless.

"What next Saanvi? Will it be Arjuna? Or Bheem? Nakul? Who is your next target Saanvi? I never considered you to be a.."

"Say it Karna! What am I? Say it!"

Karna huffed in annoyance. "I don't speak of women who lust after multiple men."
Saanvi's eyes moistened at the harsh words coming from Karna. Tears slipped past her eyes. She quietly moved away from karna and back to her chambers.

Meanwhile,
Karna was still clouded by his jealousy. He had no knowledge of what he said to Saanvi. But seeing Saanvi walk away, his heart ached. He calmed himself down. He walked to his room and laid on the bed.
He relaxed himself slowly.
And as his mind de-fogged, his eyes widened with shock.

"Oh god! What the fish did I just say to Saanvi?"