38.Lata's Wedding

Lata's marriage was near.
Invitations were sent to various guests. Saanvi decided to send one invitation to the palace as well even though she had no hope that they would come to a commoner's wedding.
But She sent a separate invite to Karna. She thought Karna would surely come as he was her dearest friend.
But to her surprise, Karna visited them a several times before the wedding.
He would come and offer his help, especially to Shanti maa. It seemed as if he was trying to impress Shaanti Maa.
On one such occasion, Karna and Saanvi came face to face. Immediately, Karna side-stepped to make way for Saanvi to pass.
"Why are you not talking to me?"- Saanvi asked.

"As you stopped coming to the palace, I thought it would be nice to give you some space."
"I still want some space, but maybe not from you. I mean a good friendship often heals us right. So, I would not mind you being with me."

"Okay." -Karna smiled.

The wedding day:
It was a fairly grand wedding. Lots of guests, food, dance, clothes, etc.
But the talk of the event was Lata's wedding dress, which she sew herself and was designed by Saanvi taking the inspiration from her old life.

Saanvi was glad to find Karna and Maata Kunti as the guests from Palace.
Soon all the rituals were done and it was time was Bidaai.
Though Lata was moving just a few streets away from this house, she was still crying like crazy.
When Lata came to meet Saanvi, they both hugged each other and cried a few tears as well.
"Since I was little, I prayed to god for a sister. You are the answer to my prayers Saanvi jiji."- said Lata.
Saanvi kissed Lata's forehead.
The two sisters parted.
Lata went her new home to start a new life.
Saanvi was left behind. Alone.

It was time for Karna and maa Kunti to leave.
But maata kunti wanted to discuss something with shantidevi alone, so she asked Karna to keep company to Saanvi for a while.
Saanvi was still standing outside at the bidaai spot.
Karna walked to her. He sensed Saanvi's gloomy mood and decided to take her outside for a walk under the stars.

Walking around cleared her head and Slowly Saanvi came back to reality.
"Thank you."
"What for?"
"For that night at the palace. I don't know what would have happened to me had you not been there."
"It was my duty Saanvi as your friend."
Saanvi smiled.
Karna smiled.

And soon they walked back home,
Holding hands unbeknownst to both!

And soon they walked back home,Holding hands unbeknownst to both!