31.Misery

The newly-wed couple were settled in. Everybody was surprised but this was nothing new. To form strong political alliances, such marriages were very common.
Saanvi was still unconscious. Karna was catering to her. Everybody was busy in welcoming the new bride and nobody else knew of Saanvi's current state.

Karna was furious at his brother. He knew Saanvi was not like the women of their times. She will never agree to polygamy. Why did Yudhisthir do this? As far as Karna knew, Yudhisthir loved Saanvi. The day he left for the battle, Yudhisthir asked for Karna's promise to protect Saanvi. If he cared for her so much, then why did he do this?
Karna was frustrated at the prospect. He needed to have a nice talk with his brother soon and teach him some manners on behalf of Saanvi.

The whole kingdom was celebrating the new marriage.
The palace was busy preparing and conducting various Ceremonies.
But Karna was divided in between participating in the ceremonies and catering to saanvi as she was still unconcious.
Karna and Vaidhji's worries were increasing with each passing moment. They tried everything to wake Saanvi up but nothing worked.
If she does not regain her consciousness soon, she may permanently be in this state of coma.

Yudhisthir was sad. He had betrayed the love of his life. The look of pain in her eyes when she saw Draupadi, broke his heart. He was too worried about her and thus had his spies looking after Saanvi. Yudhisthir knew he broke his promise to Saanvi by marrying Draupadi, but he had a reason.

"What reason are you talking abut Yudhisthir?"- asked karna.

"Bhratashri! What are you doing here? How is Saanvi? Is she well?"

"You have lost the right to ask this Yudhisthir when you are the reason for her misery."

"I had to do this bhratashri. Another life was at stake. To follow my dharma, I had to marry Draupadi."

"Tell that to Saanvi, if she ever wakes up."

"Do not say that bhratashri. She will wake up."

"If anything happens to her because of you Yudhisthir, I will not leave you alive!"- Karna said.

"Why jyeshth? Why do you suddenly have a soft corner for her?"

"Because..Because she is my friend."

"So, you care about your friend enough to kill me but did you even ask for once about your own brother? What am I going through?"

"What do you mean Yudhisthir?"

"I am suffering from two sides jyeshth. First, the pain of losing the love of my life and second, the pain of destroying Draupadi's life by giving her a husband who is in love with someone else."

Hearing this, Karna's eyes teared up. "My brother and my friend both are in pain, and I am as always not able to do anything. I do not deserve you and her! Do not worry brother, I know whom to ask for help now! I will make everything alright." Saying this, Karna stormed out of Yudhisthir's room to his own and began writing on a paper.

"Daas, Send this immediately to Dwarka. It is time that our friend gives us a little visit."

He was here. Yadunandan, Shyamsundara, Radhavallabh, Bhaktvatsara, Achyut, Achala, Govind!
He came in like a breeze on a hot day. He, the Antaryami, need not be informed of anything. He went straight to the chambers of the healer.
There, on a low bed, was lying Saanvi; Unconscious.
He walked to her, sat on the stool nearby and with one of his hands, pressed lightly on Saanvi's forehead.
With a jolt, Saanvi woke up.
She looked around wildly till her eyes rested on the Mukhilan face. Looking into those ocean eyes, her worries subsided.
Saanvi got up from the bed and knelt on Kanha's feet.
"Why Madhava? Why did you do this to me? You plucked me from my time, you planted me here and when I finally found my anchor here you uprooted it! Why Vasudeva?"-Saanvi cried.
"The biggest player of us all 'Time' will give you all your answers soon Sakhi."
"Madhav! Give me the strength to handle this pain."
"Tathastu!"

A/N: I will now update only 1 chapter each day. And please Vote if you like my story guys. You just have to touch the star looking icon on the bottom left.