Chapter Seventeen*

Christoph's POV

It has been several weeks since the hospital incident. As well as the last time I saw my son.

Flashback

"That is MY son just as much as he's yours Makayla so don't ever say that to me," I said so calmly.

"Well I've been taking care of him since he was forcefully put in me so don't worry about him! I'll keep taking care of him like I've been doing." With that she walks over to the doctor.

Did she just say that to me? Don't worry about my son. MY SON!

I stalk over to her and the doctor about to say something when the doctor looked up from the chart.

"Oh hello, I was just letting Nikolai's mother know that he is okay just a slight bump on his head that was bleeding a bit, but overall he is fine. We do want to keep him overnight just to run a few more test but he is truly fine. You can come back and see him when you all are ready."

With that he let us know the room number and proceeds down the hallway.

I look over and noticed Makayla already walking through the doors. Running to catch up to her I try to get her attention but she is completely ignoring me.

Omg she is so dramatic. The doctor just said he was fine!

Finally approaching the door I grabbed her arm while it grabs the door. "Makayla can you just listen to me ple"-

"No."

With that she opens the door and walks in to the room. Sighing I walk in right behind her.

I walk in seeing Makayla watching the nurse closely as he wraps bandages around my sons head

Seeing my son getting his head wrapped makes me feel like this is slightly my fault.

"Papà sei triste?"

"Sì figlio", I say rubbing his curly hair, "but next time let's let the phone ring huh il mío piccolo soldato".

Both me and Nikolai start chuckling until I glance over at Makayla and her face looks extremely displeased. Clearing my throat I look away from her slightly grinning.

Knock

Knock