Chapter 14 : Two sides of the same coin

"Dear passengers, we have now arrived at Washington Dulles International Airport. Thank you for flying with us on Korean Air." the sound of the flight attendant came through the broadcast system installed on the plane as the aircraft taxied towards a stop at the designated terminal. Seated at the First Class Passenger seat Kim Moon Dae closed a leather bound notebook in his hands as the flight attendant came to check on the passengers. The notebook contains secrets about his spies in America along with their aliases. He kept his real name, as printed on his South Korean passport as he believed that the Americans wouldn't be that dumb to cross-reference his name with the South Korean's database.

Removing his luggage from the compartment above he followed the type of action, smiling at the flight attendant who thanked every passenger when they disembarked. Reaching the immigration booth he handed his passport over to be stamped and lifted his head to look at the camera with a smile attached. "How long will you be visiting sir?" the customs officer asked him.

"A week." he replied, in English but with a heavy South Korean accent. "I have a business meeting to conduct."

"Very well." he replied, stamping on the passport and returning it to him. "Welcome to the United States of America Mr. Kim." Taking the passport he smiled at the officer and exited the airport. A black sedan is waiting outside the arrival hall for Kim. He got in and the driver took off without a word.

"Are things going well?" Kim asked.

"Fairly sir." replied the driver. The driver, another North Korean agent continued down the highway, heading towards New York. "We still don't know where are the traitors." Kim was not satisfied with the answer.

"What about our plan of attack?" he asked. "Have we have a lock on their location?"

"Yes, they're in California."

"Deploy the team, we need the woman alive." he ordered. "Only the second in command knows where is our traitors' location. We need the weapons plan back." But he didn't realize that he was being followed.

The same time Kim had reached the immigration gate another person was following him. Brian Park Jong Hyun is the pilot of the Korean Air Kim is travelling on, working as a NIS agent. Brian is the elder brother of Park Chan-yeol, making him an elder cousin to Isabella. The NIS has uncovered a plot to kill the Presidents of the United States, Russia, and his native homeland but the curious thing is why would they target the Vice President as well. Knowing that his uncles, his father and his cousin's lives is in danger he volunteered to go on the trip to warn them as well as meet his step-uncle for the first time. He doubled down by working as a pilot in a civilian aircraft, another advantage for him to transport his fellow colleagues discreetly. He has approval from the director of the NIS himself for this operation but unaware about his family background. He reached the booth to Kim's left and he handed his passport. "You're here for a short trip Mr. Pilot?" the officer asked, noting his clothes. The officer is a woman, and from the look on her eyes, is attracted to Brian.

"I'm visiting a relative." he replied. "Just for five days."

"Alright, look at the camera please." Brian smiled at the camera upon instruction. "Welcome to America." she beamed a smile at him. He retrieved his passport and gave her a quick smile. Stepping out of the arrival hall he saw the North Korean again. He picked him out from the crowd of local passengers easily at the boarding gate at Incheon Airport as he is quite skinny and shorter then the average South Korean, learning from how to observe the difference between North and South Korea. Even though being separated by two age years Brian and Chan remained close. He has quit his life as a field agent and is now working at Silicon Valley for Samsung as a cyber-security consultant, a job he prayed for his whole life while earning two-hundred dollars annually because of his potential.

"Hello? Is this Chan-yeol?" he asked after dialing his brother's number.

"This is me. Who is this?" asked his brother on the other side of the line. "Wait a minute, is that you Brian?"

"You got it right."

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at Washington Dulles. Look, I need your help ASAP."

"In what form?"

"Tracing. Look, Isa's in trouble, as well as dad."

"Okay, I'm listening." he said, now intrigued. "What is it? NIS again?"

"Okay fine. It's NIS." he admitted. Okay, the secret of being operatives or analysts in intelligence agencies isn't a big thing in their family to boot as their common aunt, Alice, Isabella's mother, is a high ranking officer in the National Intelligence Service working as a diplomat to scout for any threats towards South Korea. Isabella herself is following her mother's footsteps, not with the NIS but with the FBI. The four of them always gave their family members a run for their money with this profession. But Isa wasn't really following her mother's footsteps per say, as she has her own network of informants and is rumored to be the creator of the myth known as the Athena Codex. Retiring from field duty two months after the new President is sworn in she is elected Secretary of State and transitioned to the second-highest office in the United States Government. "I told the director I'd come here to warn, or help if I can."

"Well in that case, you came at a very wrong time. Isa's at-"

"California, I know that. I need the coordinates."

"Two minutes." his brother replied. Then he heard types on a keyboard on the other side. "Got it. California Memorial."

"Full name?"

"It just says California Memorial. Don't worry, sending you the coordinates. Got you a car, parked in a rental space not far from you."

"Thanks. I'll be sure to catch up."

"While try not to give dad a heart attack Brian. He didn't know that you're here."

"I didn't tell him that I have a flight schedule to fly here. Thanks." He ended the call and quickly walked towards the location of the rental car his brother spoke of.