Chapter 23 : Intimidation tactics

Camp David (Present Day)

The President stood up from his chair when Timothy broke the news about developments regarding the journal obtained during the interrogation. "We've got the man as well." President Reagan allowed himself a smile as he threw his jacket over his shoulders. We exited the main cabin and headed to a smaller one not far from the main which serves as a communications room. Secretary Mattis and Dom has been working hard, tracking the individual known as Kim Moon Dae, aka The Sparrow. I was less than happy when I'm not allowed to participate in the search effort but at least I reconnected with my older cousin Brian.

As we entered the cabin I now catch a glimpse of this newly renovated bunker. A long table is set in the room with chairs but most of them are taken away, leaving two vacant ones at the left end. A seal of the President of the United States is fixed on the wall to the right while six flat-screen display televisions are anchored to the wall opposite the seal. Seated at the left end of the table, is Kim Moon Dae himself, zip-tied to the chair with unbreakable zip-ties. "Sorry sir, madam, who are you-"

"The Vice President will handle this, fire up the TVs." President Reagan replied.

"We've searched him sir. No dangerous substances, only a laptop bag and confidential paper documents." the agent in charge said, laying out the items on the table. 

"And the bag?" the President asked. 

"No contaminants."

"You're up." the President told me. Nodding in reply I took the chair but instead of sitting down I pulled up the chair and stopped a few feet away from the target. The screens flickered to life as I sat down, tilting a leg and allowing my dog tags to be visible to him. The first screen shows the heads of the intelligence branches : DNI Catherine Eckhart, Ryan Carey from the Counterintelligence Division of the Intelligence Branch, and CIA Director Mike Fox. The second one, shows the Secretaries of Defense, State, and Homeland Security James Mattis, Caroline Harris and Brianna Hawthorne. The third shows the two advisors in the White House for homeland security and national security Charles Jacobson and Kaitlyn Brandon along with Dominic Hayes, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The fourth shows the President of the Republic of Korea along with Brian while the members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the Korean military filled the fifth screen. The sixth is broadcasting from the Situation Room in the White House as informed by Timothy. The Secret Service has set up the conference room for Jonathan, Robert and Bruce to see after moving them to the White House. Kim Moon Dae now looked at me in the eye.

"Not as illusive now are you?" I asked, flickering a cold smile. "You have been hiding Kim Moon Dae, but today tells me one thing, you're not going to hide forever." our aides watched with silence while the President moved his seat forward close to mine, below the seal. "We have the records." I said, waving the transactions in front of him. "Where did you get your hands on the plutonium supplies?" silence. "As for the brothers, you'll never get your hands on them ever again." silence again. "Not willing to talk?" I said, the cold smile still intact. I slammed down the document hard on the table, shocking the man. "You underestimated what can we do. You underestimated me."

"Please... no..."

"And you're now begging for mercy?" I said, laughing in cold fashion. "You screwed with the President's family. Funny how that worked out now for you." Grabbing him by the shirt I pulled him close. "Funny that now you're begging for mercy when you're more than happy to kill innocent people. Take Kimberly Han Seol Yoon as an example, I'm not going to forget what your men did to me back then." His fear seemed to amplify. "We know that you have a family in South Korea."

"No! Leave them alone!"

"Unless you tell us." I hissed. Letting him go the chair wobbled backwards. "Don't forget, you are labelled as a dangerous terrorist. We can send you to G-Bay." I said, turning my back and clasped my hands behind. "The brother faces house arrest after what he did, I don't judge your fate, the court will."