Let Me Tell You A Story

08
Let Me Tell You A Story
Legends of Tomorrow Season Five: Episode 3

Temporal Zone

"I know how this is gonna sound," He began, fuchsia eyes skimming over the Captain's face. "To you, this will sound crazy. Downright outrageous, I mean, if I didn't know it to be true, I wouldn't believe me."

"But it's true. It is very true, like, so true that I have heard about it my entire life. It's basically all I know, it's like I know this story more than I know my own life. It makes sense though, 'cause if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't even be alive. Bu--"

"Okay! You've been rambling for, like, twenty minutes now. Enough. Tell me who the hell you are, and what the hell you're doing on my ship." Captain Sara Lance ordered, her ocean eyes glaring into his.

She felt a prickle of recognition there. Something about his eyes was familiar. She just couldn't put her finger on it.

"Right, sorry, I'm sorry. It's just an honor to meet you, ma'am." He said, sheepish.

"Ma'am? You seriously just called me 'ma'am'?" Sara asked, arms crossed.

"I'm sorry ma--Captain Lance. Captain Sara Lance, the White Canary, the Paragon of Destiny, in the flesh."

Sara sighed, deeply annoyed. "Talk now or later. Either way, you're getting locked up. It's obvious that you're from the future, and that you know about Crisis."

"Of course I know about Crisis! That was epic, that was the first time mortals saved Gods, that story still rivets the Bugs on New Genesis." He said.

"New Genesis, what's that?" She asked.

His lips parted. "Crap," He winced. "I--You're not supposed to know that. I can't tell you where I'm from, or who I am, because you'll get me in trouble."

Sara grabbed her staff. She pressed a button and it 2 bars shot out on both sides of the staff. She spun it so that the tip pressed against his neck.

"You're already in trouble. Now, tell me what I need to know."

A knock on the door saved him from answering her. Sara sighed. "Come in!" She allowed.

Another blonde in a grey trench poked her head in. "I know you're busy, and I don't mean to interrupt, but John is back from hell." She said.

"Great, I'm coming." Sara disarmed her weapon and tucked it away.

"Cool, so cool. The Ava Sharpe talking about the John Constantine returning from--"

"Shut it." Sara warned. "Get him to the brig, please, I need to talk to John." She said as they left her office.

"Lockup? But I'm not a bad guy! I need to speak to John, it's important." He complained. His purple eyes trailed Sara as she walked away.

"That is TBD!" She called without looking back at him.

"TBD? I'm not familiar with that. What does that mean?" He asked Ava.

She put her hand on his shoulder. "Come on," She said.

Ava put him in lockup in spite of his protests. She left him alone in the open space.

He sat on the platform, blowing bored gusts of air from his lips. "Great, just great. You leave your home dimension, come back to the technological Stone Age, and get locked up by one of your childhood heroes. Just great, great job." He hissed to himself.