Let Go

30
Let Go

"Why do we have to do this?" Asked Rachel. Her boots scraped against the wooden deck. She tried to swat Calvin's hand away but it was useless. "Dressed in these suits at that."

"Because Dick said so." Answered Gar. "Man, we haven't done this in so long. I can't wait to spar!" Gar yelped. He could barely contain his excitement as he shifted into a green monkey. He crawled up Calvin's arm and perched himself on the boy's head.

"Gar, I swear if your butthole is on my head you're gonna wish I set Trigon free." Calvin hissed. He grabbed Gar's tiny body and pulled him down. "I just got a haircut." Calvin added.

"I'm wearing my suit!" Gar chattered.

"I still don't get why this is important? We've already fought in the field before. Did we not just travel to an alternate dimension and kick ass?" Asked Rachel.

"If by 'kick ass' you mean get played by Trigon? Then yeah. We sure as hell did that." Calvin retorted.

"Well Alister's friend is going to help you guys with Trigon. Dick said she's coming today." Said Gar as he hung off of Calvin's arm.

"If she ever gets here. You'd think life or death situations would put a little pep in her step." Said Rachel as the 3 of them shuffled into the intricate courtyard.

Dick, adorned in his Nightwing suit, stood in front of an in front of a grand stone fountain. His eyes scanned the courtyard. He made note of the Titans that showed up and those that didn't.

"So are you gonna tell us why you decided to drag us outta bed this early in the morning for training? Like we haven't been fighting side by side for years now?" Asked Hank. His arms were folded across his chest.

"Yeah, isn't it your wedding day? Shouldn't you be balls deep i-"

"Okay," Dick snapped after clearing his throat. He sent a pointed glare Rose's way. "Now that everyone's here.."

"But everyone's not here. Where's Alister? Where's Jason and Wade? Victor and..." Rachel began listing the absent.

"Didn't you hear? Tulip's getting worse. They're using Alister's blood to fix her." Gar whispered.

"Is it sad that's the most normal thing I've heard all day?" She asked Gar.

"Now that almost everyone is here," Dick corrected. "We can start. I know it's been months since our last team training exercise, and given everything we've been through lately, many of you don't even think it's necessary."

"'Cause it's not," Hank whispered to Jericho.

Jericho shook his head and ignored Hank.

"Don't you need a hip replacement, Hank? You could use the training." Rose retorted.

"Would you two shut up already?" Donna hissed. She looked away from them as Conner stepped onto the courtyard. She cracked her knuckles. "I'm ready for action."

"This is necessary," Dick continued. "We've been split between worlds and dimensions. We've been fighting city-wide battles and running covert ops at once. For what comes next, we have to fight together..."