Room 1307

31
Room 1307

"I know you're scared, but we'll be back really soon," Wade vowed. He stroked the back of Tulip's hand with his thumb. He forced a smile.

"Quadruple promise?" She asked. Her lips cracked as she spoke.

"You'll feel so much better when you wake up. I quadruple promise.." His eyes trailed Eve as she approached Tulip's bedside. "But you have to rest for a while." He added.

The redhead doctor put a hand on his shoulder. "It's time," She whispered.

Wade nodded. He stood up backed away. He took 2 steps and it felt like she was a planet away. He was floating in space and there was nothing anyone could do.

That wouldn't stop Jason from trying. He had a way of being there whenever Wade needed him the most. Somehow, always nearby. Waiting to catch Wade whenever he fell.

Jason stared into Tulip's eyes. He knew they weren't shut. He knew they were looking right back into his. A silent reminder of what he'd promised. He offered a gentle nod.

Wade's back pressed into Jason's cement figure. He couldn't look away from Tulip. He watched Eve lift a syringe from her tray.

"Wait," He said.

Eve pretended not to hear. She raised Tulip's sleeve. "This'll pinch for a tiny second," She whispered.

"He said wait." Jason repeated. His voice boomed throughout the suite. Victor and Alister, who'd been deep in conversation, glanced at them.

"I don't mean to rush, but we're about to miss our window," Said Victor.

"I just... I think I should do this, okay?" Wade said to Eve.

Eve nodded. She rose to her feet. To her surprise, he didn't accept the syringe. She looked at Victor and he shrugged.

Wade put his hand on Tulip's forehead. He shut his eyes and exhaled. As he breathed out, a potent toxin dripped from his pores. In high quantities, it could take out city. The dose he administered Tulip eased

He stroked her forehead. A mixture of love and fear held his eyes. He didn't need to feel Jason's touch room know he was near.

"You don't have to come," Jason whispered. "I'll take care of this. I promise."

"I know you would, but I have to come. I can't sit around and do nothing, I can't just watch her d..." Wade exhaled.

He shook his head and looked Jason in the eye. "I have to do something." He reaffirmed.

"Okay. Let's do this then." Jason said. He slipped on his helmet and laced his gloved hand with Wade's they approached the others together.

"...This is the safest plan we've come up with yet and we don't have anymore time." Eve said to Victor.

"It still has a fifty-two percent chance of failure and that percent grows every second we waste." Victor added.