In Time

32
In Time

Temporal Zone

"Somebody start talking now. What the hell is going on?" Sara demanded. She crossed her arms and watched the Titans file onto the Waverider.

A fierce spark of electricity crackled within the bridge. The lights on the time courier flickered. Every electronic went haywire.

Zatanna led Rachel, Gar, and the intangible Calvin into the time ship. "Damnit, John, you had one job." She said through a glare.

The crease between John Constantine's brows deepened. "Come again? Just how is this my bloody fault?" He asked as the portal closed behind them.

"You were supposed to look after him if anything happened to Iyanna." She said. Waving a gloved hand at Calvin.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the both of us making that oath, Love. Besides that weasel Niles Caulder had lost him by the time I found out about the murders." John defended.

"Hash it out later. We have bigger problems." Aesir urged. He crossed the bridge and stood before the viewports. Aesir could see the Temporal Zone itself fracturing.

"I second that," Sara began. Several alarms began to fire off at once. "Explain what's going on first." She ordered John.

"This lad here is breaking time." John answered.

"What?" Ava questioned. An invisible force pulled her back off the wall. Ava and the rest of the Legends migrated to the center of the room. Circled around Calvin's floating light.

The Waverider shook. The metal churned under the weight of Time itself. Sparks flickered out of the wiring.

"What's going on?" Nate asked.

Behrad looked out the viewport. "Dude, the Temporal Zone is... breaking?" His brows weaved in confusion. "Can he really do that?" Behrad asked. His eyes found Aesir's from across the room.

"He can," Aesir confirmed. "It's a long, complicated story that would kill you by the time I finished telling it so let's skip the backstory. John, Zatanna, you both know what you have to do." His purple eyes pierced into the magicians.

"Oi are you daft? I told you I won't be summoning Fin unless I have to."

Aesir made a broad gesture to the viewports. "Time is being destroyed, John!" He barked. "This is the moment where you pull your fingers out of your ass and do something."

John took a menacing step towards Aesir. "I—"

"John," Said Zatanna with a hand on his shoulder. Her soft yet commanding voice brought him to a stop. "He's right. It's time." She added.

John sighed. His shoulders slumped but he made no move to push Zatanna away. He was defeated. "You know what this means, Zee, you know..."

"I know." She said.

Zari took that moment to introduce herself. She slid beside John and gave her beautiful hair a flip. In a smooth motion, she took Zatanna's hand off of her boyfriend's shoulder. "I'm Zari and you are?"