Ready For War

36
Ready For War

Earth-Prime

Aesir caught his father and teleported the them away before Supernova could do anymore harm. Their bodies rained out of a portal and into the Waverider. The metallic clunks of their bodies on the floor caught Sara and Behrad's attention.

"Oh my God," Sara gasped. The captain sprung into action immediately. She rolled Conner over.

Half of Conner's body was burned. He moaned weakly against Sara's touch. She retracted her hands immediately.

"We have to get them to the medical ward." Sara said. She looked up and found Behrad at Aesir's side already.

Sara grabbed Conner again and hoisted him up. She struggled but she got him to the med bay anyway.

Aesir groaned. He rolled over and pushed himself up. His arms trembled under his weight. He nearly fell back down but Behrad caught him.

"Take it easy, Ace. You're hurt." He said. He pulled Aesir against him and walked him to a nearby chair.

Aesir clutched his stomach and grunted. "I'll heal. I have to go back to Bolovax Vik, J'onn and Kara..." He sat up.

"J'onn and Kara are fine. They lost the planet but they managed to escape before it exploded." Behrad said. He gently pushed Aesir back down. "You can't go anywhere in this condition, Ace. Now catch your breath so I can get you to the medical bay." Said Behrad. He pushed his hair from his face so that he could look Aesir into his violet eyes.

Aesir winced and looked away. "I don't have time for this, Behrad, you don't understand what's at stake. I have to-" He fell back down on the chair.

"You can barely move. Just listen to me for once alright?" Behrad said as he knelt down.

"I did listen to you," Aesir fired back. His eyes burned hot for just a second. He lost the energy for anger once the moment passed.

Behrad said nothing. He didn't want to argue. He just looked into Aesir's eyes until he found permission. After a short nod, he reached for Aesir's wound. He peeled back the bloody shirt.

Aesir winced. He gritted his teeth and squeezed the armrests. The metal crunched under his grip.

"What happened Eshgham?" Behrad asked without looking up from the wound. The term slipped out like butter. It was so natural he almost didn't notice.

Behrad cleared his throat. He kept tending to Aesir's wound. He could tell Aesir was healing but it wasn't happening fast enough.

"I fought my Father and he kicked my ass. Destroyed a few planets in the process." Aesir answered curtly. He tried not to let his feelings betray him. He fixed a pointed glare on the blank monitor.

"Your father did this to you? Ace this is bad... You're barely healing." Behrad broke his focus on the wound and found Aesir's eyes once more.

"That's to be expected when you go against a Source. I'll be fine in a few minutes, B, I promise."

"You promise huh?" Behrad asked. He shook his head to himself. "You make a lot of those."