Flashback

*two days earlier*

Bolobo's POV

I walk out of my house to pick up my mail when I notice a letter written in... pretty bad English... I open that letter first and read it. Karlof... why would he want me to meet him at his place? I pick up my phone and dials Gravis's number. "Hey! Bolobo... it's been a while!" he answers. "We met last week but sure?" I laugh. "Anyways... I just got a letter from Karlof and he's asking me to meet him at his place!" "Really? Why?" "I don't know..." I sigh. "Do you?" "Nope! But you should meet him!" Maybe he's right... "How am I supposed to get there? He lives pretty far away!" " Your car?" "I don't have a car!" Fine... then... I wanted to avoid it but I have to take my dragon. "I'll take my dragon! Hopefully, I won't drive too much attention to me!" I hang up and walk out of my house before summoning my dragon. Alright... Miura city... How can he live here, just buildings... roads... cars everywhere and motorcycles... I run up to his house and knocks on his door. "Karlof?" The door opens after a few seconds and... Why does he look so flustered? "H-hi..." he stutters. "Are you okay?" I ask. "F-fine... need to ask something!" "Okay? What is it?" "D-do you t-think Karlof is good guy?" Why is he asking this? "Uhm... of course! You've helped to save Ninjago twice and... You're one of the best friends I have!

"J-just friend?" Wait does he mean?! "Do you like me?" "Y-yes..." he answers. "Wanna go to restaurant?" "Karlof..." I sigh. "I think you're a really good guy but this just comes right out of the blue! I need some time! Okay?" I can see that he's close to start crying and nods. "I'm really sorry!" I start walking away but then he calls for me again and I turn around. At first, he opens his mouth to say something but then his eyes widen in terror and he screams before I feel something crashing into me, I hear my ribs cracking and I hit my head hard on the ground and everything becomes a blur. The last thing I see is someone running up time and then everything turns black. 

Karlof's POV

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" I yell at the motorcycle guy who actually didn't just drive off after he ALMOST KILLED SOMONE! "Look, man! I'm sorry I wasn't looking!" "OH REALLY?!" I pick up my phone and quickly dials nine one one. "I'll pay for the hospital bill!" "WELL FRIEND MIGHT DIE!" I answer and try to wake op Bolobo again. No answer... I'm happy I can still feel his pulse! All this is my fault... If I didn't call him here in the first place this would've never happened! I shouldn't have bothered him with my stupid feelings in the first place! If I hadn't called for him... he would've just walked away and never been hit! Why him? He doesn't deserve this! After a few minutes, the ambulance arrives and they lift him in and speed off to the hospital. I dial Skylor's number with my hand shaking. How am I going to explain this to her? "Hey, Karlof! It was a while since I heard from you!" "H-hospital!" I stutter. "What? Hospital? What has happened?" "B-Bolobo, motorcycle... ambulance!" "WHAT?" "H-hurry!" "Alright! I'll tell the others!" I hang up and quickly get into my car and speed off to the hospital. 

Skylor's POV

I quickly open a chat room for all the elemental masters and sends a text.

Skylor: Guy, I just got a call from Karlof and we need to get to the hospital in his city!

Shade: Why?

Skylor: I'm not sure... I think something has happened with Bolobo!

Gravis: Bolobo? I talked with him like... half an hour ago!

Ash: What did he want?

Gravis: Karlof had invited him and... well he asked me if I knew why!

Pale: But where does Karlof live?

Gravis: Miura city! It shouldn't be hard for us to find the hospital! It's not THAT big! But there are MANY vehicles driving around so we have to be on our guard!

Neuro: Maybe that is what has happened! 

Jacob: Oh no! I hope Bolobo's okay!

Skylor: Yeah... see you there!

Ash's POV

I run into the hospital and I see Karlof pacing back and forth outside the x-ray room. "I just got here!" I gasp and run up to him. "How is he?" "U-unconscious!" he answers and starts crying over my shoulder. "It's okay! He'll be fine! I know he's strong enough to make it through don't worry!" "B-but..." "Shh! Shh!" I keep on hugging him and gently rubbing his back, even though he's much more taller than me... Then the door opens and two nurses push out a bed towards the hall. I hope he'll be okay! 

*timeskippy*

We wait until the doctor walks out of the room with a bitter face. "Well... physically he'll recover, we can't guarantee mentally!" What? "What do you mean?" "He has a brain damage that will very likely affect his memory, there IS a high chance that it will be restored but it's not..." "C-can we see him?" Jacob asks. "No...he's still unconscious and he'll probably won't wake up in the next forty-eight hours!" This can't be happening... "How much of his memory will he lose?" "We can't tell you that until he wakes up! I'm sorry!" "We should leave now!" Tox sighs. "We can check on him tomorrow and the next day again to see if he wakes up!" "Good idea!" Shade nods and we all walk out of the hospital and summons our dragons.

Karlof's POV

This is my fault... all my fault! I don't deserve to live! How could I do this to the person I love? "Are you okay Karlof?" Neuro asks and puts his arm around my shoulder. "F-fine..." I answer and run out before he asks anything. I'll never forgive myself for this... I run home, curl up in my bed and starts crying. "S-sorry! S-so sorry!" I hate myself! I HATE MYSELF!