Pain

Bolobo's POV

I messed up! I messed up so bad! I shouldn't have confessed just right out of the blue like that! How am I going to fix this?! I pick up my hone and dials Neuro's number. "Yes?" he answered. "Remember how I asked you about inviting Karlof?" "Uhu!" "Well... I messed up! I just flat out told him that I liked him and then he stormed out!" "Did he look angry, sad, or upset?" "Uhm... Mostly upset I think..." "Bolobo... I think I don't really have a choice other than tell you how you really got into that accident..."

Karlof's POV

I tiredly sit up in my bed, rubbing my eyes and look at the clock. WHAT THE?! ELEVEN AM?! WHEN DID I FLL ASLEEP?! Sure I had hard trouble sleeping from the pain in my ankle even though I wrapped it up and iced it. I sit up in my bed and look at my ankle. The swelling has calmed down a little bit but it almost feels worse than it did yesterday! Taking off my shoe was one of the worst experiences I've had in my entire life! I jump into the kitchen on my good foot and takes out a new ice pack. I press it against my ankle as some of the pain goes away. But not much! Then my phone rings. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey, Karlof!" I hear Skylor say. "Uhm... Bolobo said that we all need to meet at my restaurant in ten min-" "Can't come!" I interrupt her. "Why?" "JUST NO!" I say and turn off my phone. I swiftly eat some fruit before turning to some blueprints that's on the table. I'm supposed to make some better changes to them and I can work with this without having to tell anyone about my ankle. After sketching on some new designs for a while I hear knocking on the door. WAIT WHY IS SOMEONE HERE?! I CAN'T OPEN THE DOOR WITHOUT THEM FINDING OUT ABOUT MY ANKLE! "Karlof?" I hear a voice outside call as the knocking continues. "It's me Neuro! Skylor said that I needed to get you to the restaurant!"

"Not coming!" I answer. "Karlof, I don't know what has happened to your ankle but you need to come!" WAIT, HE KNOWS?! HE KNOWS ABOUT MY ANKLE?! "Karlof... you know I can read minds! What happened to it?" Oh great! Now I have to tell him! I get up from my chair and jump up to my door and open it. "How did you hurt yourself?" Neuro frowns and looks at my ankle. "Fell off the dragon..." I answer and jump in again. "Can I take a closer look at it?" I guess I don't have much of a choice... I sit down on my couch and holds out my ankle. "It's really swollen..." Neuro mumbles as he unwraps it. "Does this hurt?" He gently touches the swelling causing me to wince. "I take that as a yes... can you put any weight on it at all?" "No..." "Alright, how does this feel?" He gently bends my ankle downwards causing me to yelp in pain. "I can feel some bones sticking up and it looks like you can't move it at all! You need to go to the hospital!" "No!" I whimper. "But you have to! Your ankle looks very bad!" "No hospital!" I wrap up my ankle again and stand up. "Have fun at restaurant! Not going!" Suddenly I lose my balance and land try to put my ankle on the ground. The last thing I feel intense pain shooting up my whole leg before everything turns black.

Neuro's POV

"Karlof? KARLOF?!" I yell while shaking him. This isn't good, I need to call an ambulance! As I pull out my phone Skylor calls. "Skylor! I don't have time right now I need to get Karlof to the hospital!" "WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" "He broke his ankle yesterday by falling off his dragon but he refuses to get it looked at! He just fainted from I think overwhelming pain and I think this is the only chance I have to get him to the hospital!" "Agreed! I'll call the others to meet you there!" "Great!" I answer and hang up. Now I need to get him an ambulance ASAP!

Gravis's POV

We all sit outside the room waiting for the doctor to come out while Bolobo is pacing back and forth. "It's my fault!" he mutters. "I shouldn't have told him like that!" "What are you talking about?" Jacob asks. "Ugh! I guess I have to tell you what happened!" We all listen closely as he explains. "So Karlof thinks it's his fault that I've lost my memory!" "But it was an accident!" Jacob exclaims. "And no one blames him!" "Yeah... but I think he needs to hear it from me..." Bolobo answers. "Are you Mr. Artino's friends?" the doctor frowns as he walks out. "Yes!" I nod. "How is he?!" "His ankle will be healed in a couple of months but we'll keep him in a few days to make sure everything is in its place! You can see him now if you want!" "I'll go first!" Bolobo says as he walks in.

Bolobo's POV

I walk in to see Karlof staring at the wall with his left ankle hanging in a pulley. "How are you feeling?" I ask, he turns around and looks at me and I can see his face turning red. "O-okay!" he stutters. "Karlof..." I sigh and takes his hand. Neuro told me! he told me how I got into the accident!" I see tears starting to well up in his eyes as he lets out a choked sob. "S-sorry! So sorry!" "Hey hey hey! It's okay I don't blame you! It wasn't your fault!" "B-but..." I pull him into a hug and kisses his forehead. "Even if it was your fault I'd forgive you! But it wasn't your fault so it doesn't matter! Don't blame yourself! I love you!" "L-love too!" he smiles. "Want me to stay with you for a while before the other ones come in?" "Y-yeah!" he answers and flops back into the bed. I pick up a small pen I have in my pocket and quickly writes I love you ❤️ On his cast. "Thanks!" he blushes. "No problem! How does it feel?" "Hurts little! Karlof handles it!" he answers and carefully rubs his ankle. "Good! I don't want to see you in pain! I can help you with some stuff while you heal... I'd... like to spend more time with you!"