Shock

Neuro's POV

"Okay, I'm going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer all of them the best way you can!" I explain as Bolobo sits down at a chair beside me. "Alright... first question, what was your parents' names?" "Ivy and Derek Becker!" he answers. "I... don't remember them dying but I remember a lot of what we did together when I was little!" "Alright next question! What school did you attend?" "Uhm... I went to a daycare that I think was called The little sunflower!" Okay, I think... there's a real daycare called that! "Then I went to middle school in a town called Mukoru!" "Okay! I've been to that town a few times actually! I know what school you're talking about!" "Alright... after middle school I started at Panter's high school!" "Okay, it seems like you've gotten back most of your childhood memories! Do you remember how to use your powers?" He stands up and raises his staff in the air causing several vines to grow out of it. "Good! Okay next question, do you recall ANYTHING about us?" "Only Skylor's restaurant and the pizza place Gravis and Turner works at..." he sighs. "But I can name most of the animals at the animal shelter!" "That's good!" I nod. "Tell me if you remember anything else about us!" "Can I ask something?" "Yes?" I frown. "it's about Karlof... It feels like he likes being close to me! But at the same time, he looks sad and angry!" 

"Bolobo... It's best if you find out on your own about that!" I sigh. "But... just so you know you mean very much to Karlof!" "I know Neyro! Thank you for these free appointments!" "Of course! I'm your friend!" "Oh, that's right... I... don't remember meeting you!" "Tat's alright! Now close your eyes, I'm going to see if there are some memories hidden deeper in your mind!" "Alright!" He closes his eyes and I close mine seconds after and starts looking into his mind. memories from his childhood flood by and some from the animal shelter, But... after a memory were he sent an application to work at the animal shelter everything becomes a blur. I try to make the memories clearer but all I can get from them is a few words. Dead! Only! STOP! WAIT! SERIOUSLY?! I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret this! "Okay, I think we're done for the day!" I smile. "Alright! Thanks, Neuro!" Bolobo answers and gets up from his chair. "And tell me if you remember anything else!" "Of course! Hey... another thing!" "Yes?" I frown. "Uhm... I've been thinking if I should ask Karlof to eat dinner with me... My mother taught me to make a lot of good dishes so..." "That's your decision! Not mine!" I smile. "Uhm.. okay thanks!" he mumbles and walks out. I look at all the answers I wrote down and all the other progress. I have to say this is going after than I thought! Maybe because he's close to all of us that know him well... maybe it has something to do with that he's an elemental master... I don't know!

Bolobo's POV

I sit down on my sofa and writes down a message to Karlof ten times before I send it.

Hey Karlof! Do you have time this evening? I... wanna see if my cooking skills are the same since I got part of my memory back! 

Maybe this message is too weird? DANGIT I've already sent it!  GAHH! What's he gonna think?!

Uhm... sure? Time?

WAIT! Does he want to come?! After that clingy message?! Uhm... OKAY PLAY IT COOL NOW!

Four pm would be great! No special clothes needed! 

Alright! Be there!

I turn off my phone and look at the clock. One pm... I have three hours to prepare! 

*time skip*

I run up to the door at first knock I hear and open it. "Karlof!" I smile when I see him. "Just take off your shoes and hang your cape here! The food's almost done!" "Thanks!" he answers as I leave into the kitchen. I just made my mother's noodle salad that she used to make when I was little, I know I memorized it in high school and I think I still got it! I put all the noodles into the bowls and put them on the table. "Done!" I announce. Karlof nods and sits down. We both start eating under silence and after a while... I'm tired of it. "I had another appointment with Neuro today!" He looks up at me and at the same time he slurps in a noodle in his mouth. "And?" "Well... I don't really remember much except my childhood and hos I got my job at the animal shelter!" "Oh..." he sighs. "Is Bolobo okay?" "I'm fine Karlof!" I smile. "But... I need to tell you something!" "And that is?" "Uhm... I guess you kinda know this but... I have developed feelings for you! Even when my memory was completely gone I felt that! And... I wonder if you feel the same!" 

Karlof's POV

I-I can't believe this! He has feeling for me?! B-but.. he rejected me! When he had this memory when he did! I can't start dating him now! When he gets his memory back he'll break up with me! I can't take that! But I can't turn him down like this either! I've already hurt him once I don't wanna hurt him again! "K-karlof needs to leave!" I stutter and get up from my chair. "Oh, I'm sorry if this came unexpectedly! I just... wanna know! Do you like me?" I feel tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes before I put on my shoes and cape and run out as fast as I can. I just can't! I just can't! I hate myself for what I did! I HATE MYSELF! I KNOW THE ACCIDENT WAS MY FAULT AND THE OTHERS ARE JUST LYING TO ME TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER! I summon my dragon and start flying home. I KNOW THE OTHERS BLAME ME I KNOW IT! When I'm around a hundred meters above my house when my dragon suddenly disappears. I'm not sure how I manage to do it in time but I somehow land on my feet when I hear a sickening crack from my left ankle. I scream on top of my lunges and clutches it This was the last thing I needed! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! Since there's motorcycles and cars driving everywhere no one seems to have heard my scream and I carefully stand up on my other foot trying to focus on something else than the pain. I jump into my house after falling on the ground for a couple of times. When I collapse on the couch i roll up my pant leg to properly look at my ankle. It's bruised all over and super swollen and I can feel some of the bones slightly sticking up under my skin. And before you say it, YES! IT looks and hurts very bad and I should probably go to the hospital! But... If I start walking around with a huge cast around my ankle I will just drive a lot of attention to me! Right now we all need to focus on helping Bolobo with his memory back! I can handle this pain until then! I deserve it anyway...