8

Piper smiled as she was ready for a game of baseball

Piper smiled as she was ready for a game of baseball. "I'm telling you Phil that they like baseball." She laughed. "Yeah, Edward knows about you and that I'm more like you than dad." Bella hugged Piper and listened in.

"Phil, she's in love." Bella said making Piper to blush.

"So is Bella." Piper fired back making Bella blush. Piper stuck her tongue out as Bella smirked. "Bye Phil." Bella walked over to Piper and hugged her.

"Have fun."

"I will."
~~~
Piper smiled as her and Edward arrived. "So why play during a thunderstorm?" She asked.

"You'll see." Edward tells her as he kissed her head.

Esme walked over to the two and hugged Piper. "I'm so glad your here." She says.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett says.

"Well you all are vampires, so yeah, you might cheat." Esme was shocked as Emmett laughed.

"I like you." Emmett said.

"What's not to like?" Piper sassed making Emmett laughed as he walked to his spot. Edward smiled as he watched Piper interact with his family. 'She's amazing.' He thought.
~~~
Piper was laughing as they played. Edward loved hearing her laugh. Esme noticed the smile and knew Edward was truly happy. Piper looked and noticed the far out look on Alice's face. "Alice?"

Edward looked as soon as he heard Piper and vamped to her after seeing what Alice saw.  "I saw them leaving, but they heard us."

"We need to go." Edward said as he was about to leave with Piper.

"It's too late Edward." Carlisle said.

"Piper, I don't want you to move."

"Edward!" Piper exclaimed. "Calm down." He looked at her. "I'm not a bloodsinger. I. Your mate. They can't smell me and if they do than we can deal with that later. Okay."

"Okay." Edward replied. Piper hugged him and stayed that way as she waited for the guest to arrive. Edward held her tight and kissed her head. "I'm going to protect you."

"I know you will." Piper tells him. She look towards the tree lines and saw red eyes from three people. Piper tightened her grip on Edward scared of what is going to happen.
~~~
Piper stayed quiet as she let Carlisle do the talking. Piper felt eyes on her and knew that either James or Victoria is watching her. Edward felt her grip tighten and knew that she was uncomfortable. "Two of them were leaving."

Edward and Piper started walking away when James caught her smell and smirked. "You brought a snack."

Esme grabbed Piper who was absolutely terrified of the vampires with red eyes. The other Cullens were ready for attack as Piper was confused. 'I'm not a blood singer. How did he smell me unless my blood smells good to those on the human diet.' Piper now became afraid and knew this won't end well for her and had to think of a way to protect Charlie and Bella.

"I can see the game is over." Laurent said. "We must go now. James." He said. "James!" James backed away and left as he draped his arm over Victoria's shoulder.

"Let's go." Edward said as he picked Piper up and carried her to the Jeep.
~~~
"Yes Phil, I want to go see dad's grave." Piper said. "I'll have Edward with me and he promised to bring me back." She paused as she listened. "Charlie knows and plus tomorrow marks a year." She smiled. "Thanks and I will be home tomorrow." She hung up the phone and walked downstairs with a bag of clothes since she will be staying the night at the Cullens, well what Charlie and Bella thinks.

"Piper, Edward's here." Bella said as she hugged her. "Be safe."

"I will. I'm just going to see dad's grave and hopefully mom's."

"Why different graveyards?" Bella asked confused.

"Dad told me that mom always wanted to be burry beside her mother and that's why different graveyards." Bella nodded. "I'm gone, but I'll see you and Charlie tomorrow."

"Bye."
~~~
Piper rode with Edward to the Cullens house. Piper was calm as Edward was panicking. "Edward?" He looked at her. "What is the matter?"

"I'm confused as to how he knew you were human."

"Me too." Piper said as she put her arms around his neck. "You should be worrying as I have you to protect me and everything will go back to normal."

"I love you."

"I love you too."
~~~
Piper went to sleep as Alice and Jasper drove to Phoenix. Piper smiled in her sleep as she thought about her parents. Than the dream shifted to Edward. Piper was happy that she moved to Forks or she would have never met Edward Cullen. Piper Dwyer will fight to stay alive for Edward.