III. Snow Falls

Third Person POV:

Mary Margaret was walking down the street after her failed date and came across Emma, who was reading in her car.

"Hey. You okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Oh, in the world of tight spots I've been in, crashing in my car doesn't even rank in the top ten," Emma replied.

"You're sleeping here?"

"Til I find a place."

"You decided to stay. For Henry and Aubree."

"Yeah, I guess. This town doesn't seem to have any vacancies. None, actually. Is that normal?"

"Must be the curse."

"Why are you out so late?"

"Well, I'm a teacher, not a nun. I had a date."

"From the looks of things, it went well."

"As well as they ever do."

"Tell me he at least paid."

"Mm-mm."

"Ew."

"Well, I guess if true love was easy, we'd all have it. You know, if things get cramped, I do have a spare room."

"Thanks. I'm not really the roommate type. It's just not my thing. I do better on my own."

"Well, goodnight. Good luck with Henry and Aubree."

"Yeah..."

Aubree's POV:

At the hospital the other kids were running around. Henry and I were in John Doe's room, about to touch his face when Miss Blanchard walked in.

"Henry, Aubree," Miss Blanchard called. "We could really use both your help with the decorations."

"Is Mr. Doe going to be okay, Miss Blanchard?" Henry asked.

"His name's not John Doe, honey. That's just what they call people when they don't know who they are."

"Do you know who he is?" I wondered.

"Nope. Just bring him flowers on my rounds."

"What's wrong with him?" Henry questioned.

"I don't know. He's been like this as long as I've been volunteering."

"Does he have any family or friends?"

"No one's claimed him."

"So, he's all alone," I determined.

"Yeah... It's quite sad."

"You sure you don't know him?" I pressed, seeing a strange look on Miss Blanchard's face.

"'Course I'm sure. Come on. You two shouldn't be in here."

Emma met Henry and I at our castle.

"We found your father -- Prince Charming," Henry told Emma.

Emma frowned. "Henry..."

I took the book from Henry. "He's in the hospital, in a coma." I pointed to Prince Charming's picture. "See the scar? He has one, too."

"So? Lots of people have scars."

"In the same place?" Henry shot back. "Don't you see what this means? The curse is keeping them apart with the coma. Now they're stuck without each other. We have to tell Miss Blanchard we found her Prince Charming."

"Okay, kids. Telling someone their soulmate is still in a coma is probably not helpful. Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is far worse."