XII. Skin Deep

[Aubree appears later in the episode.]

Third Person POV:

Mr. French was unloading flowers from his delivery van. Mr. Gold and another man were watching him from the sidewalk.

"Well, this is just perfect," Mr. Gold said. "I've been looking for you, Mr. French."

"I'll have your money next week," Mr. French assured.

"The terms of the loan were fairly specific. Take the van."

The man with Mr. Gold got into the drivers seat.

"Wait!" Mr French cried. "No! Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. It's the biggest day of... I've got a grand of roses n the back!" Mr. Gold's lackey started the van. "Stop! You've to to let me sell them."

"I'm going to leave you two to continue this conversation," Mr. Gold decided.

"Oh, this is no way to do business, Gold. You are the lowest! People aren't going to put up with this!" He attempted to block the van, but was unsuccessful and van drove off.

Mr. Gold crossed the street and ran into Regina, who was watching before she said, "Mr. Gold. That was quite a show back there."

"Well, Mr. French is just having a bad day -- happens to the best of us," Mr. Gold replied.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

"Yeah. And the moment you have something I want to discuss, we'll have that little chat."

"No, we're going to do this now. It'll only take a moment."

"Is there something eating you, dear? Something you need to get out in the open? 'Cause it's going to have to wait. Please."

Regina backed down and Mr. Gold walked past her.

Mary Margaret and David were at Granny's Diner, but were sitting at separate tables. David was reading a book while Mary Margaret drank coffee.

"Oh, you got the book," Mary Margaret said.

David nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I just started it. It's great. Can't wait to see how it ends."

Ruby came over to refill Mary Margaret's coffee. "Uh, I can push the tables together if you guys-"

Mary Margaret shook her head. "Oh, no. We're not together."

"No," David said. "No, that's-"

Ruby left and Emma entered, sitting across from Mary Margaret. "Hey, David."

"Hey."

"Mary Margaret. So. How's your day going?"

"Henry and Aubree are fine," Mary Margaret said.

"That's not what I asked you. ...You sure?"

"Really-- they're their normal selves. Regina won't keep you separated forever. When people are supposed to be together, they find a way."

"Yeah. So, they're their normal selves? They're fine? They're happy?"

"Yes. No! They miss you -- a lot. Trust me -- I'm with them, like, six hours a day."

Ashley entered the diner with her baby. She handed her to Granny and joined Mary Margaret and Emma at their table.

"Six hours?" Ashley repeated. "You take newborns? 'Cause I'd love six hours off."

"Ashley!" Mary Margaret exclaimed. "I didn't... I didn't even recognize you."

"Baby on the outside?"