XXV. Lady of the Lake

Third Person POV:

FTW

In 'the pit', Mary Margaret was still unconscious. Cora tended to her as Emma watched.

"You sure she's going to be okay?" Emma asked.

"Don't worry," Cora replied with a smile. "She'll be fine."

"What is this place? Where are we?"

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven."

"Haven? From what?"

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it, anyway."

"Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong."

"Neither did I."

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm here because of something my daughter did. The curse that ravaged this land? She cast it."

"Regina. You're Regina's mother?"

"Yes. But you have nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree. You're from over there, aren't you? How'd you get back?"

Mary Margaret awoke and saw the two of them talking. "Emma. No..."

"Oh, Snow, you're awake. I'm so relieved."

Mary Margaret took Emma aside. "As bad as you think Regina is, this woman is worse."

"Oh, Snow," Cora said. "Sweet Snow. Please... Believe me. Whatever she told you isn't true. I just want to help you."

"Let's hear her out," Emma reasoned.

"Emma," Mary Margaret called.

"Okay. Right now, we are at the bottom of a hole with no other options. And Henry and Aubree, are back in Storybrooke with Regina."

"Who's Henry and Aubree?" Cora asked.

"My son and daughter. I kind of share them with Regina. It's complicated."

"Don't talk to her," Mary Margaret ordered.

"Enough!" A guard cried as one of the guards threw a rope down into the pit. "Our leader requests an audience."

REAL WORLD

Aubree's POV:

Henry, Gramps and I were walking down Storybrooke's main street.

"So, what's on the agenda for Operation Scorpion?" Henry asked.

Gramps frowned. "What's Operation Scorpion?"

"The code name for our mission to find Emma and Snow?" I reminded him. "Do you prefer viper? That was Henry's second choice."

"Henry, Aubree, we need to talk."

Henry and I exchanged a look before saying, "Yeah, scorpion's better."

"No, it's not that. It's..."

"We're not coming with you," Henry told him. "But I... she and I thought we were going to find Jefferson?"

"I already did."

"What? Is he going to help us?"

"No. No, Henry, Aubree, he's not."

I frowned. "But why didn't you tell us you talked to him?"

"Because I didn't want to disappoint you two. I know you two want to find your mom, but Jefferson can't help us. I need to find a way to restore the hat."