XXXVI. Manhattan

NEW YORK

Emma, Henry, Aubree and Mr. Gold arrived at their destination via taxi. They looked up at the apartment building in front of them.

"What's wrong?" Emma asked. "This the right place?"

"Yes, it is," Mr. Gold replied.

"Let me guess. He's not expecting you. Well, who doesn't love a surprise?"

STORYBROOKE

At Regina's house, Cora and Regina were conversing, while Cora attempted to comfort Regina.

"What is it, sweetie?" Cora inquired.

"It's Henry and Aubree," Regina answered. "Emma left town with Gold, and she took them with her."

"And you didn't stop them?"

"I didn't know until after they had gone."

"I'm sure they're safe. And, as soon as Gold's done, Henry and Aubree will be back."

"But not with me."

"Back?" Hook questioned. "From where? Where's Rumpelstiltskin gone?"

"I don't know."

"Well, if he's left town, then he's powerless. He can be killed."

"The moment either of us leave, we lose our magic... And our advantage," Cora said.

"Your memories?"

"None of us were victims of the curse," Regina said. "It's not about memories - it's about magic."

"Well, I don't need magic. I'll go after him alone."

"Even if you could find him, do you really think you can just walk up to him and stab him in the heart with your sword?"

"Well, I prefer my hook, but I can't find that now."

"You're not going anywhere," Cora told him."

"I deserve my vengeance!"

"You're right. You're right, you do. And, with The Dark One gone, we can search for the one magical item that can actually kill him here... His dagger."

NEW YORK

The four entered the lobby of the apartment building. Henry and Aubree scanned the listen of names on the intercom.

"No 'Baelfire'," Henry and Aubree said.

"Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias," Emma told them. "Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment number?"

"It doesn't work that way," Mr. Gold replied.

Emma and Mr. Gold were taking a turn at looking at the list.

"Do any of these names man anything to you?" Emma asked.

"Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no," Mr. Gold answered.

Emma pointed to an apartment that was listed only by number. "Here's your boy."

"Or, it could just be vacant."

"You might traffic in names and magic, but I traffic in finding people who don't want to be found. And those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts." She buzzed the apartment on the intercom. "U.P.S. package for four-oh-seven."

The person on the other end of the line didn't respond, then hung up.

"Maybe you should've said FedEx," the twins commented.

They heard a running noise coming from the fire escape outside.

"He's running," Emma informed.

The four rushed outside, where they saw the apartment's occupant climbing down the fire escape. He reached the bottom and broke into a run.