Kabanata 1

Kabanata 1

Familiar

"Jaryllca, ano na? Maglagay ka naman ng makeup para mas maayos kang tingnan!" hiyaw sa akin ni Arianne, isa sa mga kaibigan ko.

I just rolled my eyes at the wall behind her and pursed my lips, trying not to spew words she would not like.

"This is already enough, Arianne. Birthday party lang naman ang pupuntahan natin. Ba't kailangan pang mag-ayos?"

Nakaiinis naman! Mukha ba 'kong panda ngayon sa sobrang laki ng eyebags ko?

"Dali na! Bahala ka riyan!" 

Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Arianne. 

Kinokonsensiya niya talaga ko!

"Arianne, I don't have any crush there." Ngumiti ako. "I just want to go outside that's why I'll come with you. School works are so damn stressful," nakangiting sambit ko.

The Philo papers I haven't finished yet immediately filled my mind when I remembered that someone commissioned me a few days ago. That would probably be the last client I'll entertain. There were so many things I was worried about other than that.

I did not even know who the birthday celebrant is. Arianne just forced Vannah and me to come with her so the party will not be full of Eranians. While Aya, an Atenean, and a part of the Ateneo Lady Eagles volleyball team, was the first one to know about the party we'll attend.

Natagpuan ko na lang ang aking sarili na inaayusan ni Arianne. Pumayag na lang ako kasi mukha nga talagang tanga 'yong hitsura ko. Walang lang talaga 'kong ganang mag-ayos sa sarili ko ngayon lalo na't ilang buwan pa lang magmula nang magsimula ang klase, nagpapakalunod kaagad ako sa pag-aaral.

I positioned myself in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. I was wearing a beige ribbed tank top partnered with black jeans. A clutch purse was in my hand, I checked my things inside there to see if I didn't forget anything.

I just stared at Arianne after she finished applying makeup on my face. She put her glasses on the table and applied contact lenses to her eyes.

Arianne chose to wear her revealing clothes. A white spaghetti strap cowl neck bodycon dress is what she was wearing, hugging her curves and exposing her cleavage. Though she wore heavy makeup, you could still see her brown skin tone.

She is a morena beauty.

Lumabas na kami sa condo unit ko at dumeretso na sa bahay ng kung sino man ang may birthday matapos naming mag-ayos.

Arianne said that the birthday celebrant is her schoolmate and is her friend. 

Bahala na! Sana nama'y maraming tao roon para hindi nakahihiya.

We just took a taxi. I was the one who paid for it.

When we arrived at the place where the party would be held, my ears were surrounded by the music coming inside the mansion. I could feel my heart beating faster than its usual impulse rate. And I could not find the right answer to why was I feeling this.

My lips parted when I stared at the vast lush mansion. At sa unang tingin ko pa lang dito ay alam kong mga propesyonal na arkitekto ang nag-design nito.

Hindi ko talaga mapigilang mamangha gayong ibang-iba iyon sa mansyon namin. Medyo old-fashioned ang amin at alam ko iyon.

I couldn't help but to wish to have a mansion like this someday, using the money I worked hard for.

I glanced at Arianne. She was busy looking down at her phone, it seems that she was texting someone. Nagtitingin-tingin siya sa paligid at biglang nabalisa nang magtama ang aming paningin.