Kabanata 20

Kabanata 20

Elapse

I had to stop taking pictures when I felt my back sweating. The photography studio was airconditioned but it didn't provide me comfort. I still felt the heat.

"Time first. Break," I called.

Narinig ko naman kaagad ang pagbuntong-hininga ng mga tauhan ko. I knew that they were already tired because we had been doing this for 3 days straight.

I nodded at my client, letting him took a break. He just arched a brow and went behind the setup. I was working with him since then, he really wasn't talkative.

Chester Dela Fuente is a bigtime model from Nueva Ecija. I just knew his name this year, but he seemed famous in this country. He's a new rising artist. His brother, Chance Dela Fuente, has a newly released trailer for his movie. Hindi ako sigurado sa title noon dahil busy ako nitong mga nakaraang araw kaya hindi ko iyon mabigyang pansin.

When I received an Email from Pur-pose Inc., (a modeling agency where Chester belongs), his Manager wanted me to be assigned as a photographer for his model portfolio to be released this year, I almost jumped from my seat that time.

I searched him on Google and Youtube last month when his name already clicked. They have a lot of rice fields and a ranch to be found within their province. I was shocked at first when I found out that Defuen, the name of their rice company, was the one we're eating.

There were rumors that Hershey Higuchi and Chester Dela Fuente are in a relationship. Hershey is a Half-Japanese, an actress, and a model under the management same as Chester.

Tatlong taon na ako rito sa boss ko at mayroon akong 6-year contract sa kaniya. If ever it expired, I can renew it if I want to, he said. I was glad to have Mr. Dizon as my manager. He was always guiding me to the things I didn't know about.

Hershey and I were friends for 3 years already. And as that number of years passed by, I could say that she really is a nice person even though some people didn't like her attitude because she was too intimidating.

When I went back behind the setup, Chester's eyes met mine. He stood up from his chair and lend me bottled water. Hindi ko sana iyon tatanggapin dahil nakahihiya na ang kliyente ko pa ang nagbigay sa akin ng maiinom, pero babaluktot ako lalo kung hindi ko iyon kukuhanin.

Some of the eyes were on us. I didn't mind it... I got used to this. Sa tuwing iniisip nila na puwede akong magkagusto sa kliyente ko, natatawa lang ako.

"Thanks, Sir Dela Fuente," I said. Matapos kong uminom ay nagpunta ako ng restroom para magpunas ng pawis at para rin mag-retouch. After that, I immediately went outside and panicked because they might be waiting for me. But they were just taking a 5-minute rest.

Chester Dela Fuente's makeup artist was retouching him after he changed his suit from black to grey. His face was just serious the whole time he was blankly staring at his own reflection.

"It will be the last for your model body shots today and for the short clip of you smiling, Sir. We'll overtime if we passed for about 10 minutes. It would be hard for you, too," I said with authority in my voice that made them went back to the studio set up.

Chester positioned himself in front of the white collapsible stand and run fingers through his. Kanina ay nakaupo siya ngunit ngayon, ang postura niya'y nakatayo na.