Part 12

" Hi, my name is Sarah Lissit. " Sarah laid out her hand to me. She is as tall as Mark, pale with gray eyes, from up close anyone would spot the brunette tips of her hair. Mark is beside her beaming at us. He only retreated with their drinks on his hands. Sarah got her Margarita while Mark drank his Jack Daniels.

" I'm Cassy Lavern. Nice to finally meet you."

I replied with my utmost smile.

" oh, so you're the Cassy Lavern! Mark told me so much about you!" Her eyes lit up and sparkled. " Your Mom is Cherry Kate Lavern, right? The famous author who wrote the Back to Me Office box bestselling Mystery series."

My eyes looked over at Mark, which gave me a nod and then to Sarah as he smiled at her and said, " Yep she did. "

" You must missed her." My smile tightened. Mom's death was broadcasted nationwide. Known to be a mother of two, successful author at age twenty, has kids at age twenty-five. She was battling osteosarcoma, a cancer on the bones. It was too young of her to pass away leaving Dad alone to take care of us. She was the sweetest person I ever known. Taught me how to use musical instruments when I was age eight, and read me books until I fell to sleep. She was our warm candle that lights up our world.

As she slept in her grave, we too lost the spark to call it "home". I blinked the memory away and faced Sarah with a huge smile," Always am. "

She squeezed my hand in comfort while I pressed back on her palm. We smile as if we just shared a secret. Then minutes passed of continual chatter, Mark called for Sarah saying there is someone else wanting to meet her. Sarah nodded at me as I did too, we parted ways as I remained on the beach admiring the beauteous shore.

Havaca Beach has been one of the famous beaches in the city. Once a site of a ruling chief's palace, home to a true underwater paradise, the Place of Refuge, which attracts scuba divers from all around the places. Rolling waves, the diverse living creatures underneath the water hypnotized the foreigners to meddle with the place.

" Cassy, aren't you coming?" Mary yelped with the water at the height tall to her neck. She had Darren draped around her arm who kissed her cheeks, " It is fun over here! Come on up!"

" You guys can go ahead. I'll catch up!" I said, covering my mouth with my hands so that they could hear better.

I was waiting for Xavier to come, heck I have been waiting for him the time I stepped foot of Havaca beach.

I smiled as the clouds painted by pinkish, orange, and red horizons peeking by the mountains. I bet if I would have been a cliff, I could see the outskirts of the land that spread out like a bird's wing and the cotton cloud that shaped the sky. I could endlessly watch the sundown as I've stared at the galaxy pointing out stars and their formation.

A warm hand slipped around my waistline making me squeal. I giggled at the man that I've been waiting ever since. " Xavier! You scared me!"

It was around 6:30, Xavier came unnoticed. Xavier loses his eyeglasses, his hair was combed at the back showcasing his pointed nose and twinkling eyes. He gave me a gentle smile, " You were busy drooling over the guys by the beach. It makes me mad."

My brow creased. Guys? I wasn't gawking at anyone! Then my eyes wandered at the shore, almost all of the people coming were trying out for the beach instead of the pool. That's because of how white and soft the sands are and how deep blue the ocean was, or how warm the salty water when it touched their skin.

Guys are usually half-naked on their trunks while Xavier was wearing a black T-shirt paired with his Bather black and white strips swim shorts.

Xavier lose his hold over my waist and took a step back, giving me enough space to breathe.

Thank God, I thought I'll be needing AED from abnormal overryhmic heartbeat!

I let out a smile and said, " what took you so long?"

" Work." His clipped tone tells me there is more than what the word " work" has to do with his late arrival. But anyway, I let the word slipped out my mind thinking we aren't a couple and there is no right for me to interfere with his personal life.

" Do you wanna go for a swim? " I beamed at him praying he didn't catch my knees weakening at how handsome and sexy he was with just a shirt on.

He shook his head. " Nah I'm good."

I shrugged and took my "kiss me" shirt over my head and let it slipped down my body as I wore my two-piece: black and white ' forever Fendi' string bikini.

I figured the way he looked at me darkened but I think it must have been just a speck of dust. So I didn't care.

I ran up to the shoreline and let my body sink with the huge tidal waves. I need this. To get out the steam that has been on my body wherever Xavier is concerned. I need to be away from him. I had to. For once.

And so I did a crawl through the depth part of the beach. I swam and swam, doing my front strokes on pace and easy until I hit something strong and well-built.

It was Darren.

" Cassy! It has been a while! " Darren laughs and hugs me. Darren has the most curls I ever met in my life. He is 5'10 ft tall and has brown skin. His orbs are brown and have a drop-dead wide grin every time he smiles. He is a lean back type of guy, exactly explains why Mary loves him.

" This is a deep part of the ocean. Do you know how to swim?"

I was supposed to reply to him right away but someone else insinuates before I could speak.

" She does."

His big and warm hands possessively clutched over my shoulder. His back to my front as if trying to cover my chest from Darren. It is not like I've been disporting my chest for everyone to see. Everybody does uses bikini anyway. Some of them even exposed more skin than I ever could. I turned to look at Xavier and bit my lip.