Part 20

I woke up with a headache. A bottle of pain med laid next to my bed and water. There is no note to read or any other sign-on whoever placed it on top of the drawer. I pursed my lips and thought to my head, scanning the things trying to snatch some reminder of what happened last night. Nope! nothing came up. I only ended up with a blank memory.

I shrugged. I took the tablet placed it over my lips and emptied the water. I stood up and headed for the showers, I felt odd when I smelled mocha. I looked down at my t-shirt and realized it wasn't mine. I suddenly take it off as if germs are crawling over the thing.

As I disrobe myself, I quickly find out that I don't have my bra.The next thing I did, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

" Gah! Who in the hell-" My voice is suddenly cut off as I heard my cellphone ringing.

I raked my hands over my head in question as I fleetly fumbled over the buttons and hit the call, " Cassy?"

" Mary? "

" You have to let me in. I'm at your house."

I rapidly bobbled my head over the curtains, looking down at the blonde hugging a huge pack of marshmallows, and some few goods, standing ansty, waiting for me to open the door for her.I ran down the stairs and opened it. " What are you doing out here? "

Mary shuffled in the living room, making herself home. She turned to me slowly as if she was trying not to break the moment of truth raining down on us. " What I am about to say to you is personal, private, and above all secretly pervate."

" What's pervate?"

" The mixture of personal and private." Mary rolled her eyes, heading for the kitchen, and sat down on one of the chairs of the L shaped bar.

I, on the other hand, took a cereal on the fridge and a milk, opened the bottom drawer of the kitchen, and took a bowl. I was seated on the dining table which is just surrounded by the kitchen. I ate a spoonful of cocoa cereals and looked over to Mary, hunched up on the bar. " What's up?"

She squinted her eyes on us and made every syllable she spoken reached my earshot. " I. just. Kissed. Mark. Last. Night. "

I coughed out the flakes from the bowl. I wiped my mouth with my backhand, " What?"

" I kissed him!" I squealed and then paused, she covered her mouth, " I think I'm going to be sick."

" you are not going to be sick. What a lame excuse!" I rolled my eyes and continued eating my breakfast, " I've been shipping you guys the moment you met."

" You do?" Mary had her eyebrows furrowed. She placed her hand on the bar and asked in that curious tone of her, " How did you know that? "

" I don't. " I gave her an unsure look. " It is probably destiny or fate or whatever you call it. Then this happened, it is probably the sky telling us ' Mary, you and Mark suit each other. Go make rainbow babies and eat butterflies porridge and clean sunshines poop. ' "

She rolled her eyes at my incapacitate attempt to make her laugh. She sighed, " Darren texted me."

" What? What does he say? " My head titled on the other side, now intently listening to her.

" He says he was sorry and he can't wait to be a dad. " Mary ruffled her face in frustration, " I don't think there is a future on us, Cassy. They got their wedding prepared before them. Lucy's parent was rich."

"Oh, Mary..." I rounded the kitchen and reached for her on the bar, I wrapped my hands over her in a hug.

" It is okay really. It is not like my feelings for Darren deepened. " A tear fell on her cheeks and she started to cry.