Part 18

" Is she alright doc?" Tria silently flickered her eyes down to my shaking hand.

Doctor Lindsey, a family doctor said it in a serious tone, she voiced out the tremors in my fingers as it laid below her lamp in speculation. " The shaking is caused by anxiety and panic disorders. Under such circumstances, traumatize on car accidents and her mother's..."

I can spot a warm mist at Doctor Lindsey eyes. She was closest of friend by Mom. Been with her for the last ten years, soon she became our personalized family doctor and a great friend. Even until now, the loss of Mom still affects her so. I'm glad I wasn't alone.

My hand began to shook again. I inhaled and exhaled to keep the panic subside.

" Is this permanent doc?" Tria asked. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry. She was not at ease by the explanation of Doctor Lindsey let alone, assured by my cure.

Somehow this illness has been for the last six years struggled to get free. The first seizure was right after mom died. Dad ran me to the nearest ER. I was shuddering bad, consciousness delved me blackness for a week. The next was when after the car accident. I was thinking about Dad and his death too much that my mind suffocate my line of breathing. Panic attacks formed at that time and I'm not sure what else was worse.

It was surprisingly lucky for me why it didn't hit me when Tria died. Perhaps I was cautious and mindful of what I think and the intake of medicines were there as a guidance that I shouldn't be careless about taking them in.

" Alprazolam." Doctor Lindsey stated. " Half a tablet for a day. Only if she was shaking that is. If not, make it half for a week. "

Tria nodded, pulled my hand as we exited from Doctor Lindsey's clinic, Doctor Lindsey smiled at me, her parting words uttered, " I'll be seeing you soon, Cassy. I hope you take them regularly."

" I will doc. Thank you." I replied with the utmost responsibility.

My eyes followed over to Tria when we are alone by the parking lot, she slipped on her car as I took the passenger seat, " I won't let you get over it alone like you did before. Not on Father's death, Mother's cancer. I'll be sure of that."

I looked over at her and didn't say anything.

She lifted her hands over my cheeks, tucked a strand of hair that covered my face, " you got that Cassy? If I'm around, you are safe. "

My hands started to shake.

I muttered a cursed as I headed for the comfort room. I opened a top cabinet. I took a tablet from my meds and downed a bottle of water after.

I was brushing my teeth, about to head to bed after everything else when my phone beeped with two messages from Mark.

Let's crash some party!

-Mark

Darlief's party!

-Mark

I blinked a couple of times and replied.       

We can't get there easily.

-Me

Is Mary coming?

-Me

I returned to brushing my teeth.

It took ten minutes for Mark to respond to my texts perhaps he was still asking Mary if she would like to go or persuaded her on the said note.

My phone rang a tone. I opened it to see a note from Mark saying.

Leave the genius work on me

-Mark