1

I know not a lot of you want this, but I need something to distract me right now and I just finished my other book. So read it if you want.

They are both 17 in high school.

And don't worry I don't like writing with kids in it so the kid won't come till the very very end.

___________________________

Billie blew out an anxious breath, pacing back and forth across her room's floor, trying to quiet her frantic heartbeat. She plowed through pile after pile of disregarded clothing-clean or dirty, she couldn't make the distinction anymore-scraps of old and new song lyrics, and of course, textbooks she'd never bothered to open since the first day of classes quite a while back.

In her lack of attention, she stepped right onto an open tube of paint from when she had attempted, and failed to paint for her art class-she loved drawing, hated painting-. Alarmed at the wetness sliding beneath her shoe, she snapped out of her worried trance and stared down at her feet. The blue paint had seeped out and stained her carpet.

"Shit..."

She snatched up an old t-shirt and stooped, absentmindedly rubbing at the stain. But even doing so, she could not keep any kind of focus whatsoever. Her thoughts were only on the device sitting innocuously on her desk. Billie stared at the silver clock.

Three minutes to go...

_____________________________

"Did you eat something bad, Billie?" Drew ran her hands up and down Billie's back, holding her hair back as her friend upchucked everything she had eaten that morning.

Billie wiped her mouth and panted heavily, trying to regain her breath, "Not that I know of...I feel like shit." She groaned and pressed her cheek against the cool porcelain of the toilet.

"I know that you're kind of out of it, but this bathroom has got to be full of nasty germs and you're kinda putting your face all over them and that's pretty gross." Drew shuddered in disgust at the thought of some dried, crusty shit touching her friends face. Especially in this dank bathroom with floors sticky with unidentified excrement. Drew tried to ignore how being on said floor made her skin feel like it was crawling.

"Shut up Drew" Billie groaned.

She rubbed Billie's back, "Aw Billie...If it wasn't bad food, then what could it be?"

"I don't know..."

"Maybe it's some sort of PMS? Don't you throw up when your cramps get bad?"

"No...Besides, I'd have to have my period for me to have PMS and..."

Billie tapered off in shock. A single image flashed through her mind. A provocative image. Male hands gripping her thighs hard enough to bruise. Her nails raking down his back. Tangled sheets and intertwined limbs.

"Shit..." she breathed out, her voice haggard and strangled.

______________________________

There was no way to save the carpet. Her haphazard rubbing had caused the paint to further cling to the fibers of the carpet. If she wanted to get the stain out, she'd have to do a thorough clean up. She tossed the raggedy shirt aside and stood up, sighing heavily.

Cleaning was the last thing on her mind right now.

She started pacing once again, chewing on her thumbnail anxiously, hoping that maybe this one time, her intuition would be incredibly wrong and that she'd be able to go to school with a clear head and heart.