28

Billie wasn't accustomed to having much hope for things, so when she officially received the results of her brain scans and physicals and tests from the neurologist, and it turned out that she indeed came back positive for epilepsy, she wasn't surprised. Her life was already a big mess.

What was one more issue to add to her already growing list.

The worst part hadn't even been finding out that she was most likely going to have to be on medication for the rest of her life to contain the seizures. The worst part was that she would have no real cure unless she opted for a surgery in the future to remove parts of her brain, which she was absolutely refused to. Just the thought of her head being cut open made her breath shorten dangerously and her body break out in a cold, nervous sweat.

It was seriously nerve wracking, knowing she now had a condition that could hit her at any time and manifest in a possible dangerous way, but she supposed she should be thankful that despite the blows to her head from her fall, the blunt trauma hadn't caused much worse issues. Unlike her mother, who the doctors suspected due to her collision with the car and then with the concrete on the sidewalk, might have much more severe repercussions. If she would wake up, that is.

From then, even more neverending tests were run and blood drawn. She'd had a final examination with both Dr. Stevens for her general care, and Dr. Torres for her convalescence after the C-section in order to determine her progress and what kind of medication would be best for her at the moment. It was pretty interesting to have both sibling doctors work on her physical at once, she could definitely see the similarities between them. And the little bickering they have in the hallway regarding their mother's anniversary gift was amusing and a great respite from how anxious Billie was about the whole thing.

In the end, she had been prescribed a mild dosage of a medication to test out in order to see how she would respond to it. It was something of a trial run at the moment to see how well (or badly) she responded to the medication. To her dismay, she also was required to remain in the hospital during that time to monitor her in case she had another seizure. It sucked that she was stuck in the hospital for an unknown amount of time, but Drew had promised her they would bring her art supplies and her notebook so she could write songs.

Once Billie was done with those physicals, she'd had to have a slight rehabilitation session due to her slow reflexes because the muscles of her legs and arms had atrophied at bit due to discuss during her coma as well as all the time she had been spending in the hospital bed. It had been strange trying to walk on her two feet at first and use her arms. Her body was a little weak, and she felt like she had noodle limbs that just weren't as in control as she would have liked. But Billie refused to spend her time being wheeled in a damn wheelchair, so she had really worked to get back some semblance of her former mobility and had made unbelievable progress in record time. She still felt a bit awkward walking sometimes, and there were occasions where she had to think a little harder or exert more effort for motions like crossing her arms and legs, but for the most part, her motor functions were coming back naturally much, much faster than her rehabilitation coordinator. Dr. Carter, had predicted. She expected Billie to make a full recovery in a couple day's time.

They had ultimately decided she could use crutches to aid in her efforts as her legs regained their full strength once again, but Billie was not allowed to leave her room without a nurse or supervision yet until she was cleared. They'd finally taken out her urinary catheter though, so she could pee on her own again, and Billie no longer needed the multiple IVs connected to her. It was nice to finally start feeling a little liberated. She finally felt like a human again instead of some near potato at the mercy of the doctors.

And best of all were that once all the tests were taken care of and she was considered stabilized, Dr. Stevens had permitted people other than family to finally see her, provided that it was never more than two at a time.

Billie and Brandon: Unpredictable CircumstancesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara