3

It was warm. Not just the kind of warmth one got from basking in the sun, but all-encompassing warmth that heated one to the core. It was warm and comfortable, and Billie definitely didn't want to move any time soon. She had one foot in reality and the other wedged firmly in her dreams, and that's where she wanted to stay.

But she knew she had to finish at least three songs for her music class before the performance in December. And she hadn't even started. She wasn't the best at songwriting and knew that it would take her a while to do. She could push it back, but then she'd have to rush over the next few weeks. And she knew these next few weeks would be hell since all the teachers were basically planning to have their first exams at the same time.

Billie groaned and pried herself completely out of her slumber, trying to take stock of her surroundings. She was exhausted, never mind the light pounding in her head and soreness between her thighs. One cue, her stomach growled, and Billie realized she and Brandon had never actually eaten anything the night before.

Brandon.

Right.

They had slept together.

Got busy.

Hooked up.

Got it on.

They did the do.

Billie turned over her shoulder and peered at the peacefully sleeping figure pressed up behind her. He was snoring softly, face relaxed, muscled arm thrown casually around her torso and completely oblivious to her creeper-like gazing. Dammit. Why the hell was he so damn attractive?

Billie frowned.

It was surprising.

She had expected him to be gone in the morning. Run off to wash away their previous night's activities from his skin.

Yet, he had stayed.

She could vaguely recall a moment where she had asked him to stay the night, but she thought he would just chalk it up to her drunk warbling and reject the request. She was fairly certain he had basketball training in the afternoon, anyway. What would even compel him to decide to stay?

Something squeezed in her chest, something odd and tight and painful, and she quickly broke her gaze from his face with a soft sigh, laying her head back on her pillow.

This had to be a fluke.

He probably had been exhausted and needed somewhere to crash for the night. His mother didn't take kindly to underage drinking, and since Billie's parents hadn't been home, it made the most sense for...

Shit.

Her parents.

Her parents had gone on a overnight trip to visit her brother at college in Berkeley. But they were returning early because her mom had an important doctors appointment at 8am. And Billie knew that they would come in and see her. And they would see Brandon. And shit would hit the fan.

Inhaling sharply, Billie yanked Brandon's arm off of her and kicked off the covers, bouncing out of bed. She raced to her desk and checked the time.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck..."

It was a quarter past seven, and the sun was up and bright and shining in the sky. Her parents could arrive at any moment. Her parents probably would arrive at any moment. Billie slid on a tank top in a rush and some basketball shorts she found resting on her dresser before spinning around and roughly shaking Brandon awake.