18

"Billie, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but you are such a cute little pregnant girl." Selena said, leaning on a desk and watching Billie as she painted.

"Stop it. Shouldn't you be at work."

"My shift doesn't start for another hour" Selena waved off her diversion. "Besides, we're talking about how cute you are. I mean you're just small, and you've got this round belly and you're just so tiny. It is the cutest thing. No wonder Brandon can't keep his hands off of you. Every time I see you in the hall, he's always hugging you or touching you."

Billie rolled her eyes. Selena wasn't the only one who was obsessed with telling her how apparently cute she was while pregnant. Drew would flaunt over how adorable she was all the time. Then Sarah and Derek had joined in on the fun. And don't even get her started on Brandon and Brooklyn. She had thought Brandon's behaviour was annoying, but Brooklyn took it to a whole new level.

But it was nice that she was pulling all the stops to make sure Billie was comfortable and felt welcomed in her home. Brooklyn said it was because she'd never had a chance to have a daughter to pamper and her pregnancy with Brandon was so high risk to even try for another child. Billie was like the daughter she'd never had. And that did manage to bring a smile to Billie's face, so she just let her do as she wished.

"So what did you and Brandon do for Valentine's Day? You never actually told me."

Billie snorted. "That was two weeks ago, Selena. It's almost March."

"All you told me is that you enjoyed the date. And I was away on college visits for a while. So tell me now. Where did he even take you?"

"We went to the movies. That' all."

"Nope." Selena shook her head, a sly smile in place. "That's not good enough. Details please."

Billie sighed, setting her brush down and absentmindedly fiddling with the locket around her neck. She knew Selena wouldn't let it go no matter what she said.

"That's literally it. We went to the movies and then he took me back to his place and made dinner. What more do you want to know?"

"Ooooh made you dinner?! Was it good?"

"Amazing." Billie said, smiling to herself.

"Damn. You're husband can do everything."

Billie rolled her eyes. People had taken to calling them husband and wife recently thanks to Selena. It didn't bother Billie totally, but she did get a little flustered from the implication. Sure, they spent a lot of time together, and she basically was living with him by that point, but they were far from that. And Billie still had her reservations on letting Brandon in on occasion. He respected her when she needed her space, but she could see that he was slowly wedging himself in past her guard. And she knew slowly she was letting him in.

"So then what?"

"What nothing." Billie said, averting her gaze slightly from Selena's shrewd look.

"You said you were at his place. Did you spend the night? And by spend the night, I mean spend the night." She said, waggling her eyebrows.

Billie said nothing, pretending she was suddenly interested in a smudge on her canvas.

"You're avoiding answering me."

"I'm not."

"Oh I see..." Selena grinned widely, her eyes shining in mirth. "He took good care of you, didn't he?"

Billie fought the blush that threatened to take over her face. That night had been pretty crazy. She still was plagued by memories of the way Brandon had absolutely made her lose her mind in pleasure. The date itself was memorable, but damn, the end of it had left Billie a total mess for a couple days.