9

Billie woke up on Friday feeling a little better than she had in awhile. Her stomach hadn't flipped over that day yet, and she didn't feel like bursting into tears when she thought about the fact that her parents had all but disowned her. She actually felt like she wanted a distraction from her messed up life for a chance. Make no mistake, she still wasn't interested in going to Prom at all, but she figured it might be nice to spend some time with her friends instead of sulking in her room. A little change of pace was something she felt she needed.

Billie stretched languidly and checked the clock. It was just about a quarter past two.

The junior versus senior powderpuff game had probably started by that point. Prince had been sending her updates all day, hoping that she got over her severe stomach bug as soon as possible. He sent pictures of the game, mainly Drew playing shooting guard for the senior team.

Despite Drew having pretended like she wasn't bothered by it, Billie knew that deep down, her best friend wanted to participate in the pre-prom festivities that Friday. The powderpuff Basketball game, the schoolwide picnic/barbeque, and the pep rally. But in order to be allowed to participate, students were required to show up to school that day. It was the school's little way of forcing those particular seniors with extreme senioritis who regularly skipped school that if they wanted to have fun at school events with their friends that year, they had to show up at least once or twice.

Drew had been fidgeting all Thursday during dinner and chattering excitedly about all the cool memorabilia they would be getting during the pep rally for the basketball game on Saturday. So Billie had told her to go to school, telling her that she would be alright. Drew was reluctant to let Billie stay home by herself, especially since she was still vomiting at least twice a day, but she had convinced her she would be fine and that Drew should enjoy the day. So Drew had gone that morning, promising to come back as soon as the festivities were over.

In the meantime, Billie got up from Drew's bed and stripped out of her pajamas. It was about time she pampered herself for the day. She was talking full-on prepping and cleansing, whole body shave, full-out makeup and nail polish, hair done to perfection until Brandon's socks were grenaded off. (Not that she was trying to impress him or anything. She was doing this all for herself, but seeing his wide eyed reaction definitely hurt.) She had about five hours or so to finish getting ready, so she went to the bathroom to wash herself and exfoliate her pores before she layered the poison on it.

A while later, as she blow dried her wet locks out to prepare for styling, she received a text from Prince.

Guess who was cheer captain of our powderpuff team. He says hi, by the way.

It was a picture of Brandon looking absolutely adorable holding pompoms in his hand. He was cheering and doing a high kick with some of the other guys in their grade, obviously in the middle of a routine. The guys were all squeezed in the girls' cheerleading uniforms, barely fitting and tight against their skin. Billie had to physically bite her lower lip to stop from bursting out laughing and immediately saved the photo. It would definitely come in handy as blackmail material for the future.

thanks prince. definitely made my day. why aren't you out there with him?

im too good for that shit team. im on the elite team later on

sounds about right. you are the best.

i know

Billie continued with the arduous process of drying her hair and combing out the tangles and any knots that had formed while she had been taking a shampoo. It was a pain, but it would definitely be worth it in the end when her hair was finally untangled and looked like...well, hair. Billie rarely did anything to her hair except dye it, but she would let it be extra special this time. She'd really give it her all to make it look nice as possible.