24

It hurt.

Everything hurt.

Billie groaned weakly, staring blearily through her foggy vision at the paramedics beside her, wheeling her somewhere hurriedly. There were so many faces staring down at her. The lights were too bright in the hallway she was going through. What the hell was going on.

"Billie, you'll be okay, alright?" Selena said tearfully, squeezing her hand to comfort her, "Please stay with us!"

She was seriously having trouble staying awake, and her vision kept momentarily going black. But she refused to let herself sleep. She couldn't. She wouldn't. Not until Jellybean was safe. Billie refused to let her die just because she was a little tired and couldn't get hold of her bearings.

As she was brought to a stop somewhere, Billie felt another shocking pain gripping her abdomen, tightening it and squeezing it so sharply another cry was forcibly ripped from her throat, rendering it raw. Billie gasped for breath, squeezing her eyes shut and clamping down on Selena's hand.

Hands were moving everywhere, prodding her, moving her, moving things, tearing her clothes. She could hear it all around her and feel it all around her though her vision was starting to grow blurry to the point where she was seeing multiples.

"We need to stop the hemorrhaging!"

Tears spilled out of Billie's eyes. Jellybean was in pain. Billie just knew her baby was in so much pain. She could feel it.

This was all Billie's fault. Everything was her fault.

She was pathetic.

A sorry excuse for a mother. A sorry excuse for a friend. A sorry excuse for a daughter. A sorry excuse for a girlfriend.

It was no wonder she was left all the time.

She didn't deserve any good things in life.

"Help Jellybean..." Billie cried as another wave of agonizing pain wracked her entire body.

"Who is Jellybean?"

"Her baby you idiots!" Selena shouted, "Pay attention to the context! Billie, your friends are here. I'm going to go get them okay?"

Selena slipped her hand out of Billie's, and Billie clawed at the air, her hand shaking in fright.

"S-Selena..."

"I'll be back! Don't go anywhere okay! Don't you dare let yourself go anywhere!"

Selena ran out of the room, her hair flying behind her, and Billie nodded as she took a few weak breaths. A lot of feet stomped through the room, approaching her, and Billie tried to focus her vision as Dr. Torres and a team of identically dressed doctors in blue rushed over.

"What happened?" someone asked.

"Placental abruption, no doubt." Dr. Torres said grimly, leaning over Billie and looking at her reassuringly. It was hard to tell though with the mask covering her face. "Billie? I'm checking for dilation okay?"

Billie barely registered the words and when Dr. Torres crouched and checked, Billie screamed. Because it hurt. It hurt so much and Billie could feel her entire body contorting in pain as she prodded her.

"Her water already broke." Dr. Torres stood up, "Six centimeters. This baby is coming no matter what. We need to get a move on."

Billie's head lolled to the side, her body shuddering as she stared blankly past the blue bodies moving around next to her. She was scared. She was terrified and her body wasn't responding properly, and she had no idea what she was supposed to do. She didn't know how to get through this.