25

I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm...

Billie sat up abruptly with a gasp, breathing hard, blinking wide eyed. She was disoriented, her mind still spinning and her body feeling stiff and sore. Rubbing her eyes to focus her blurry vision, she looked around.

And her brows lifted high on her forehead.

She was sitting in a field of yellow and white dandelions in full bloom, plump and cute and smiling at her in a way, no end to them in sight. The sun was high in the sky, it's cascading rays of sunlight gently bearing down on her. And the sky was gorgeous and blue, with fluffy, cotton candy wisps of clouds dancing through it.

Blinking in confusion, Billie rested her hand on her abdomen, only to grow even more confused when it was flat. Alarmed, she dragged up her shirt, looking down at it, but there was no bump. No protrusion. No nothing.

Where was her bump?

Where was the pain? She was pretty sure she had been in pain, but she couldn't remember from what.

Had she actually been in pain?

What was she looking for?

Why was she here?

What the hell was going on?

The questions all attacked Billie at once, piling one after the other and driving her more and more to deeper disconcertion with each one that she found she couldn't figure out the answer to. She hated it.

She didn't seem to have any of her belongings with her and no phone to make any calls. Great. So she was trapped in an unfamiliar and kind of crazy world with no method of communication and no way to contact anyone she knew. What was her life?

Billie stood up shakily, stretching out her arms and intending to explore. Though based off of what was around her, she didn't think she would find much of anything.

There was a sharp breeze that pushed her around a bit since she was unsteady on her feet, and Billie turned away, trying to shield her face from it.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a figure on the horizon, aimlessly standing in front of what looked like the edge of a cliff.

"Hello?" Billie called out to the figure.

Billie thought it was a person, but she couldn't really tell. They were unbelievably blurry, despite the area surrounding them being clear. Billie took a few cautious steps in that direction. The figure cleared up a bit and Billie could see that it was a brunette woman. She was thin and frail and had a slight dejected slouch to her shoulders that Billie instantly recognized.

"Mom?"

The woman turned around silently and though Billie couldn't see her face clearly, her build looked just like Maggie's. She reached out towards Billie, holding out her hand and Billie smiled, feeling relief in her chest that she wasn't alone here. She didn't know what the hell was going on, but at least there was somebody here who she knew.

Billie started walking in that direction.

"I wouldn't go that way if I were you~"

Billie spun around in surprise at the new voice behind her. There was a little girl with brown curly pigtails in a puffy blue baby doll dress sitting where Billie had been just a few minutes ago. Her face was also blurry. Billie knew she'd never seen the girl in her life.

But she knew her. Somehow, though she couldn't figure out or pinpoint where or if they'd ever met, Billie knew her.

"Who are you?"