23.Reunited

Deceit's (pov)

My eyes widened as Patton crashed into a tree opposite of him and Logan. Logan himself staring up at the Veronica with a look of admiration and terror. That is until Remus jumped down.

"Logan!" He exclaimed pulling him into a tight hug only for Logan to flinch out of it. I myself jumping down a mere moment later. "Are you alright dear?" He looked up to us with a watery smile as I extended my hand. "Let's go home." Remus piled on. Veronica giving an approving puff of smoke behind us. "I~" "Logan! Get away from those awful sinners this instant!"

We all turned to Patton who had regained his balance. Standing tall with a new found fierceness in his eyes. Logan looked between the two of us. Though the answer was obvious. Wasn't it? He turned towards Patton, standing up carefully. "I can't." Patton's eyes widened, a look of disbelief upon his features. "Your really choosing them. Over me?" His voice cracked as he spoke. Logan nodded, walking over to him. "I can't love you, I don't love you and I will not be forced to love you." I smiled proudly as I watched him stand up for himself, looks like the book did work after all. "This is the end of our partnership Patton. I hope you can respect that." Patton looked as though smoke should be coming out of his ears. "Really?! Those two over me?! You don't even know that snakes name!" Ouch. That one hurt. "I don't care. I. Love. Them. Not you." The supposedly light hearted side crumbled before us. Sinking out without saying a word.

Logan turned to the both of us a small smile on his face and tears streaking down his cheeks.

"I'm free."

It all happened as a blur but the end result was magnificent. All of us in a cuddle pile sobbing silently into one another's shoulders, neither one of us wanting nor letting go. "I missed you guys so much." Logan choked out sitting up slightly from our place on the floor. "We missed you too." I smiled softly as I watched Remus crash his lips into Logan's finally giving them their first official kiss. I chuckled slightly as Logan pulled away only for Remus to chase his lips. "Aww come on now, leave some for me won't you?" They both turned to me smiling widely. "Apologise Deceit." Oh....now that sounds odd. "Actually uh Logan sweetie?" He turned his attention to me, nodding to suggest I continue. "Patton may have been right about one thing. My name." His eyes widened and Remus gained a smirk as he knew I was self conscious about how feminine my name was. "Ok?" Logan asked carefully. I took a deep breath looking him in the eye.

"My name is Janus."