27.Memories

Logan's (pov)

Once again I laid awake at night. Remus and Janus cuddling beside me and myself hanging off the edge of the bed. The ceiling of Janus's room, being a plain white, didn't give much entertainment especially not at two in the morning. I groaned running my hands down my face. "This isn't working." I whispered my voice raspy from lack of sleep. So reluctantly I make my way downstairs for a glass of water.

The dark commons is identical to the lights. Same kitchen, same couch, same tv etc etc. But it always kept dim lighting most likely to keep the aesthetic. It was calming in a way. Not being overwhelmed with bright light. I ran the tap as I grabbed a cup from one of the cupboards, running it under the now cold water.

I'll admit my mind wandered off. Off to where? Whose to say. Though one thing kept popping up.

Patton.

Memories from when we were friends, helping Thomas with one another, just being family. I sighed closing my eyes smiling as I remembered our first ever interaction.

~Flashback~
I blinked rapidly feeling something wet being gently placed on my forehead. I looked up blearily to see a figure standing above me. I was shocked to say the least, pushing myself away from the figure and landing roughly on my bottom beside what I assume is the couch. "Oh my goodness are you ok?" He asked hastily. I nodded placing my hands at my sides. "Quite alright. Just a bit blurry." I saw the figure walk away for a second before coming back something new in hand. "That makes sense. After all you came with these!" He placed a pair of spectacles on my face the world around me suddenly becoming clear.

The boy who had helped me was kneeling down beside me. He wore a plain light blue shirt with a long sleeve white one underneath, a cardigan tied around his waist. As well as this he wore brown shorts and cat printed shoes. "Hi! I'm Morality! It's nice to see a new face here. It's been a while." He voice got quieter as he spoke, rubbing the back of his neck at the last sentence. "Salutations Morality. I am Logic." I held out my hand and he gladly took it shaking it wildly. "Well it's nice to meet you-Patton!" He yelled suddenly. "Um no I am Logan." My eyes widened at my own words pulling my hand away from his. Whilst he just smiled widely. "Oh my goodness gracious! I just got my name!" I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" He stood up motioning for me to do the same. "We're not the first sides here ya know! First came Purity and Hatred. The two got their names, Angelo and Vincent, when they first touched. Now look! We have names too!" He explained making rather big hand gestures. I nodded cautiously. "Yes well let's stick with Logic and Morality for now. Straight to the point." He giggled nodding. "Deal!" I smiled as I watched him explain the rest of this strange world I was dropped into. Though perhaps strange isn't such a bad thing.

A few months in the mind palace and I'm prepared to call Morality the best thing to ever happen to me. Granted the only thing to ever happen to me but still. I smile looking up from Thomas's math book watching as Morality cleaned the living room. We agreed that we would both help Thomas in any way we can. Myself helping him with homework and Morality helping him literally and figuratively have a clear head. He hummed softly as he did so. I admired his work ethic however, different from mine he still did work. And he worked hard. Though he did get easily distracted for example, "Oh, oh oh! Logic!" He stammered turning to me a wide smile on his face. "Yes Morality?" I asked sincerely. "I almost completely forgot! But every side gets a gift one month after being in the mind! Purity gave me this cardigan so I got you a present!" I let a small smile creep across my features "You didn't have to that." I breathed out. Though he payed no attention scrambling up the stairs and back down again something obviously held behind his back. He snatched the book out my hand placing it to the side, practically buzzing as he did so. "Ok! So I put a lot of thought into this as I know you really like a darker blue and suits and fancy smancy stuff soooooo ta-da! Do you like it?!" He held out a dark blue plain tie. Nothing fancy yet "I love it." He squealed jumping up and down. "Put it on, put it on!" He handed me the tie as I took off the bow tie I currently had on. I tied it neatly and smoothed it out looking up to see Morality's reaction. He was beaming. "Do you like it?" He asked once more. I nodded smiling myself.

"I'll cherish it."
~Flashback~

Those certainly were the good old days, merely relaxing in the mind, not even knowing what sinking out was, doing homework, not having a wet hand? I looked down eyes widening as I saw my glass being overrun with copious amounts of water. "Shit." I cursed under my breathe. I turned off the tap, placing the glass down and wiping my hand with a towel. I picked my glass back up taking a sip of the ice cool water. As I chugged the last bit of water my eyes scanned across the room landing on the couch. I removed the glass from my lips, placing it in the sink. Not taking my eyes off the couch. The identical couch of which I met Patton. Of which I met my best friend. Of which I made so many memories. Of which I received my first tie.....Aw hell.

I miss him.