29.Talk

Patton's (pov)

I was sat in the living room. Alone. Roman and Virgil still wanted nothing to do with me. I raised my legs up on the couch. The very end of the couch. Logan's spot on the couch. I rested my chin on my knees as Steven Universe played mindlessly in the background. "Da-Patton?"

I turned my head slightly to see Virgil at the bottom of the stairs, Roman behind him. "Yes?" I said, not stopping the tear that fell when I realised Virgil stopped himself from calling me Dad. "We need to talk." I nodded not bothering to move. Virgil and Roman sat themselves down across from me. "Ok so the obvious is your a monste-ow!" Virgil jabbed Roman in the side, causing me to chuckle. "Ok, ok. But Patton you know that we consider you famILY but with what you did.....you have to know that is wrong. Right?" I raised my head looking between the two of them, my heart aching at their expression. "I-I know what I did was wrong. I know what I did shouldn't be forgiven. But-

"Patton?"

Virgil raises his hand to cover his mouth, staring wide eyes at who just called my name. "Oh my. I see your in the middle of something. I'll come back lat~" "Logan?" I asked not turning to look. "Yes it's me. But I can come back if need be." Virgil spoke up shaking his head. "It's fine. We were just leaving." "We didn't even talk about anything." "Not now halfwit." The two left. Leaving Logan and I alone.

I heard him start to walk over to me but I just held up my hand. "Don't." I said harshly. "Yes Patton." Fuck. He said it. "W-what did you want to say?" I ask shakily. "Well I was wondering, only if you want to of course, be some kind of friends?" Friends? He wants to be friends with me?! "No. Absolutely not." I say sternly. "But Patton we're still needed for Thomas. We're good together. It makes sens~" "No!" I yell cutting him off. I turn to face him to see his shocked look and new appearance.

He now wore a plain black turtle neck, dark blue trousers and blazer with his hair swept back. "Besides it looks like you've come accustomed to that side." He shakes his head, taking a step forward. "As true as that may be, Thomas still needs the both of us and for us to get along would make perfect sense."  I scoff. "You'd think so wouldn't you? It's exactly what I thought and look where that got us!" He flinched at my yelling but kept persistent. "But if you would only liste~" "Oh for christs sake Logie! I said no! Now shut up and get out like a good boy do you hear me?!" I didn't even realise I had my nose in his face as he looked down, going completely pale. "Yes Patton." He turned his back to me before sinking out. My mind finally catching up with everything.

....holy shit