I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- 'Nothing about me is pea sized'

Leah’s POV

I was trying really hard not to start crying of laughter over what I just heard. Did he really just shriek?

“Where the hell have you been all day?” he asked in an irritated voice, obviously trying to change the subject from his oh so manly shriek.

“Well my dear pain in the ass, I have spent the majority of the day figuring out my new ghost abilities” I replied.

“Which are?” he prompted.

“Right, I know I'm dead and that, but being a ghost is freaking amazing!” I said excitedly. I wasn’t lying it was pretty awesome, I spend basically the whole day figuring out what I can do.

“That doesn’t really answer my question stupid” he replied through gritted teeth.

“Well if you shut up and let me finish I’ll tell you” I hissed back. He was just about to open his mouth again when I cut him off and carried on. “Well, first of all, I can do all the basic ghost stuff you see in the movies. So far I've mastered the light flickering thing, apparating from place to place and moving objects with my mind. There are a few more things but they’re not as cool as those three.”

“You spent the whole day flickering lights?” he scoffed. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Right, you try being a ghost and mastering this stuff on your own, it takes time. I gotta control my feelings and shit. Complicated stuff Mercedes, I wouldn’t expects someone whose IQ is the same as their age to understand.” I smiled mockingly.

“That sounds like way to much effort for flickering a few lights” he teased. I narrowed my eyes at him, and then let my mouth curve into a smirk. He looked at me like he knew I had done something wrong.

“What have you done?” he accused.

“Moi? What would I do? I'm just a poor ‘old innocent ghost sir, trying to find my way around this hard world.” I replied innocently. A little too innocently. He raised his eyebrows, obviously not fooled by my ‘innocent’ act.

“I've known you 10 years, there is nothing innocent about you Preston” he glared. I smiled, taking that comment with great pride.

“Okay maybe I did do something. Have fun at school today?” I asked, grinning.

“No it was pretty Sh...” he trailed off, and I could see he had figured it out. “You did the lightshade thing?!”

This time I smiled, showing a full set of teeth and nodded. I was like a proud child.

“How’s that for a ‘flickering lights’ trick?” I mocked his previous voice. He just sat there, mouth agape.

“You do know you could have killed Carmen right?” he informed me.