I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Talking it through.

The ride home was silent.

I could tell we were both thinking over what Ruth said, and we were clearly both in denial. I don’t think neither of us wanted to believe her bullshit, I mean soulmates?

Even if there even was such a thing, who in their right mind would pair me and Jared up together?

Stupid people, that’s who. It’s like throwing two angry animals in a cage. It bound to get ugly.

But you can’t deny that it does make sense, and it explains pretty much everything?

If I had a shotgun right now, I would shoot this voice in the face.

That would be your own face.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I was having an argument with myself. I was losing my damn mind.

I didn’t even notice we had reached the house until I heard the engine switch off, and Jared open his door to get out. He didn’t even look at me in the face. That’s not a surprise; the boy couldn’t even stand staying in bed with me after we had sex, let alone have me as his soulmate.

I don’t know why I didn’t just apparated back to the house; I could have avoided the awkward silence. It just felt like I had to stay in the car, apparating away didn’t seem right. I did enough running away from my problems when I was alive, I don’t want to carry the pattern on when I'm dead too.

I followed him into the house, which was still empty due to his mum and dad being away. I think until the weekend, I can’t really remember. We walked into the kitchen, and I made my way to the island in the middle and sat on one of the stools. He walked over to the fridge and opened it.

I stared down at the counter in front of me, not knowing what to say. Lucky for me, he had plenty to say apparently. He slammed the fridge door shut, making me jump a little, and turned to face me from the other side of the counter. He sighed in frustration and slammed the beer he had just gotten out on the counter.

“So we’re not going to talk about what just happened then?” he asked bitterly.

“There nothing to talk about.” I said, not meeting his eyes.

“Oh really? So that woman that YOU forced me to go and see telling us were soulmates is nothing to talk about?” he asked like I was stupid.

“Yeah, about that, I think you were right, she had clearly smoked way too much of the herbal stuff in her youth and had no idea what she was talking about.” I don’t know if I was trying to convince him or me.

“No, No way. You forced me to go and see her, and now you expect me to just forget what she said?”

“She was crazy Jared, she had no idea what she was talking about.” I repeated.

“Leah she knew you had been murdered! She knew you were in the room! How the hell do you explain that?” he was basically yelling. He was leaning over the counter, with his palms flat down.

“A very mild, accurate 6th sense?” I suggested. He glared.