Chapter 3

Hey y'all, I just wanted to make a "disclaimer" thing. It's not bad but just some info. If you have read my other books you'll know that even if it's a pretty domestic book something always happens which turns it into this thriller action kinda thing. Not gonna happen here. There'll be some OMG moments but no kidnapping, arranged marriages, or evil aliens. Happy Reading 📖

Hoseok POV

The week was a blur. After I passed my interview, I almost immediately told Jin hyung so that he wouldn't have to worry about me anymore and could focus on the new baby. Then I gathered all of my stuff which was mainly just clothes, some pictures, and a few other things. But no major furniture so that was good.

The first day I started moving into Hyunjin's place, I was utterly shocked. I knew she was a famous tennis player and had many trophies under her belt, but I didn't realize her doing that for eight or nine years resulted in that kind of place.

 I knew she was a famous tennis player and had many trophies under her belt, but I didn't realize her doing that for eight or nine years resulted in that kind of place

I mean sheesh, she's loaded. Yet her personality was nothing short of kind and down-to-Earth.

She greeted me happily, giving me a quick tour and showing me where my room was. But after that she was practically somewhere else scrambling after Chanhee as she attended to her motherly chores.

No wonder she needed someone like me. It must've been hard for her. It was pretty obvious that something had happened with her and her last boyfriend or husband for him not to be here with her and their son.

But no fear. I was here. I was like a nanny who got paid more and had way better benefits. But hey, money is money right. And Chanhee's a pretty sweet kid so it's not like this job would be unenjoyable.

Each day consisted of me coming in and out of her house trying to organize my life there.

Once I was finally moved in I bid farewell to Jin hyung and his wife and entered Hyunjin's house to start earning my pay so I could pull off my dream.

When I arrived Hyunjin welcomed me in happily, Chanhee in her arms burbling happily from my sudden appearance.

"Hey bud, do you remember me?" I cooed, taking the small boy in my arms.

"Hoseok, there's some people I want you to meet," Hyunjin said.

I followed her to the living room and sat on her couch staring at the Skype call with her parents, Chanhee, happily sitting on my lap.

"So you must be Jung Hoseok. Consider yourself lucky that our daughter chose you to take care of our grandson. Don't disappoint us," her father started off.

Her mother gently smacked him, "Don't start off so scary. We can scare him later. Let's be civil for now. Hi, I'm Hyunjin's mother, thank you for doing this."