Chapter 5

Big time skip to get the story rolling

One Month Later

Hoseok seemed to have been adjusting pretty well to our arrangement and slowly but surely was getting the hang of being Chanhee's father.

Today, we were in a rush because today was Nari's birthday and her girlfriend and I were throwing her a huge party.

We had already bought all of the supplies and stuff but we needed to go early to set up.

It was happening at the park where the interview took place just because it was convenient and gave us more options.

When we got there, Eun Jung was already there waiting.

"Hi Eunnie!" I squealed, giving her a big hug.

"Hey baby mama! You're looking beautiful as always," she exclaimed.

"Oh stop that's all you. I look exactly as you said it, a baby mama," I sighed.

"Nothing wrong with the mom way," she chuckled.

Her eyes turned to Hoseok and Chanhee.

"Is that HeeHee?! He's gotten so big oh my gosh!" She exclaimed, picking the very excited boy out of Hoseok's arms.

He blubbered cutely while shaking his arms at Eun Jung's high pitched voice.

"Is that aunty Eunnie?" I asked him, getting him even more excited.

Finally Eun Jung focused on Hoseok, "And you're the stand-in baby daddy I've heard so much about."

"Nice to meet you?" He bowed nervously.

She snickered, "No need to be nervous around me. But I'm very protective of Hyunjin over here, so just make sure to make the right moves."

Hoseok and I choked at the same time.

"No it's not like that! We have a mutually beneficial relationship here. Nothing more," I coughed.

Hoseok nodded in agreement.

With that we began to set up, working for a few hours to get all the tables and performers ready as well as the food and decor.

Time Skip

By the time we set everything up it was almost time for Nari to show up and I realized that Hoseok and I were still in our normal clothes.

"The clothes are in the car. I'll get them and we can go change," I said.

I ran back to the car and grabbed my dress and Hoseok's suit.

We went to our respective bathrooms, leaving Chanhee with Eun Jung.

I changed into my dress, observing myself in the mirror.