Chapter 22

"Mama silly!" Chanhee giggled, as I tried to feed him food.

I sighed, "Mama isn't being silly Channie, you're just not eating and somehow that's funny to you."

He continued to giggle crazily while refusing to eat.

Kids and their vegetables am I right.

I eventually gave up, giving Chanhee an egg instead.

"One day you're gonna grow to love vegetables and I will laugh in victory the day that happens," I sighed.

After finally eating, Chanhee squirmed out of my arms to go play with his toys out on the yard.

I joined him outside, watching him run scamper around with his toy car.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a car pulling up to our home.

"Who could that be? Nari and Eun Jung aren't in town right now so there's not many people that could be. Maybe Hyerin and Daeho. Or coach. But I doubt it," I said suspiciously.

I picked up Chanhee and brought him inside, putting him in his room.

Hoseok was showering so he could get him when he started to fuss, but I wasn't sure who was at the door and needed to make sure Chanhee was safe.

Once I shut the door, I came down and stared out of the window.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

It was that same car who had been tailing me the other day.

And of course that hooded man from the servicing place was the one who got out.

"What the heck, should I call the police?" I grabbed my phone and a nearby frying pan to smack this loser with.

He approached the door and knocked, "Hyunjin, it's me."

No. No way. Why. No. I refuse to believe it. Not happening.

My phone fell from my hand.

I set the pan down, trying to calm myself.

Whatever you do, don't hurt him. You don't harbor any more hatred to him. That's what I told myself at least.

I shakily opened the door. This time the good was off and the face was revealed.

"Hajoon," I spat, bitterness laced in my tone.

"Hey. It's been a while," he said, sounding guilty.

I scoffed, "That's one way to put it. Why the hell were you following me the other day?"

He recoiled, "Sorry. I wanted to talk to you but I couldn't so it probably looked like I was stalking you."

"Great excuse. You're lucky I didn't call the cops," I spat.

"I said I'm sorry. Anyway, may I come in?" He asked.

I bit my tongue, I wanted to lash out, to scream at him for leaving Chanhee and I. But I wasn't going to. I was going to remain civil.

I stepped aside, letting him come into the place that used to be ours.

"Wow the place looks great," he said softly.

"Things change in two years Hajoon. Houses, adults, lives," I chided.

He sat down awkwardly, refusing to make eye contact with me.

I sighed bringing him and myself a cup of tea. I had to stay calm no matter how much I wanted to yell.

"So how's living out your twenties going?" I asked, sipping my tea.

He winced, "I'm sorry about that. That was really selfish of me to leave like that. I thought that the baby would hold me back and that we were moving too fast. I didn't want to be tied down."

"Yeah I figured that out the first time you told me," I seethed.

"But...I wasn't happy. After I left, I tried to be a twenty year old. I went to bars and parties and met girls and whatnot, but it wasn't ever satisfying. Calling you my girlfriend was. But they, weren't," he lamented.

"You say that like you were the one suffering. I was pregnant for God's sakes. I went through it alone. Don't you understand how 'unsatisfied' I was. I was a mother for the first time and I was going at it alone!" I snapped.

He sighed, "I understand that Hyunjin. And I regret it every second. Which I why I wanted to ask you something. I know these our relationship has been non-existent lately and we ended terribly. But I miss you so much. I miss waking up to hear your sweet voice. I miss your warm and comforting hugs. I miss it all. Will you give me a second chance and be my girlfriend again? And this time, I'll be there for our child."

On cue, Hoseok called, "Hyunjin! Chanhee is calling for you."

"Can you come down here, with him?" I answered, looking Hajoon dead in the eyes.

Hoseok came down the stairs with Chanhee in his arms.

"Mama! Mama!" Chanhee chanted.

Hoseok's hair was all wet since he had just showered but he looked so good with it.

"Woah what is this? What's happening? Who's this Hyunjin?" Hoseok peppered, coming defensively to my side.

"I could ask you the same thing Hyunjin," Hajoon glared.

"Hobi, meet Hajoon, my ex," I said.

Hoseok's eyes narrowed, "I see."

"So are you like the nanny or something?" Hajoon asked, taking in Hoseok.

I took Chanhee from Hoseok, holding him protectively, "Actually, he's my boyfriend."

Hajoon scowled, "Is he now? I see. I guess that takes my offer off the table then. How could you move on so fast?"

"It's been two years and I'm not some delicate flower who can't deal with heartbreak. I got over you the minute you left. I had more important things to take care of, like our son. Except you're not included in that 'our.' Hoseok, was there when you weren't. He formed a bond with Chanhee. He took up the father position," I raged.

Chanhee started squirming in my arms, sensing the tension between me and Hajoon.

"Dada!" He whined.

Hajoon's face softened, reaching for him, but Hoseok pulled him into his arms, and bounced him around.

"It's alright buddy, I'm here," Hoseok hummed.

"As you can see, Chanhee knows who his father is. So why don't you do yourself a favor and see yourself out. You got to see the son you never had now beat it," I huffed.

"Since us getting back together obviously isn't happening, let's talk about option B. I came back and asked you out again because I want to be in Chanhee's life. So he can know who his real father is. If we can't do it together, I want to have half. So why don't we split our time with him. Every week he switches," Hajoon suggested.

"Are you crazy?! You didn't know your child's gender or name before you came her and you're suggesting we have split custody? You must be crazy if you think I'm going to accept that! You left! Get that through your head! You gave it up, so now you suffer the regrets and get out!" I screamed, emotion welling up.

Hoseok rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"You're always so immature. Fine. Then I guess we'll do this the hard way," he snarled. He pulled out a paper from his bag and passed it to us.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I don't know what a piece of paper is gonna do but I'd rather die than give you Chanhee."

I took the paper and stared in horror.

"I'm suing you for custody of our son."