Chapter 12

One Month Later

Today Hoseok was starting his first day as a choreographer at BigHit. After a month of continuous phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings, they finally decided that Hoseok was the right guy for the job.

Since I stopped paying Hoseok after we started dating, it was a good way for him to make his own income.

He kept pacing around the living room and fiddling with his fingers.

I watched amusedly from the kitchen, feeding Chanhee a pancake.

I walked over to him and grabbed one of his hands, lacing our fingers together.

"You're gonna do great. Just do what you do best and dance," I advised.

"I wish you could come with me," he sighed.

"I'll be waiting right here with Chanhee when you get back. So make us proud," I cheered.

I pressed a sweet kiss to his lips and then raised Chanhee to him so Chanhee could also give him a cute kiss.

"Alright bye guys," he said.

"Fighting!" I cheered.

And with that, I was alone with Chanhee.

"Hmm, should we cook some lunch for everyone and surprise Hobi?" I asked Chanhee.

He giggled and clapped his hands excitedly.

I first grabbed Chanhee's fake cooking set so he could pretend that he was cooking alongside me.

He was sitting on the floor just outside of the kitchen, happily 'cooking' his own food.

And with that, it was time to start my cooking. I wasn't sure how much I needed to make but I wanted to make enough for everyone.

So I started my cooking adventure, cooking mountains of food for all the hungry people.

To be honest, I hated cooking. Before I got pregnant with Chanhee, my ex always cooked for us. In turn, I did other chores.

But when he left, I was at a loss. I tried cooking but I just wasn't good at it. When he left my parents came down to Seoul for a bit and they taught me everything about parenthood. They taught me how to cook, clean, do laundry, feed the baby, change the diaper, all of it was taught by my parents.

And from then, I did everything as a one-woman show. I didn't need anyone except Chanhee.

That's what I used to think. Until I opened my doors to a certain someone and he came in and shattered my world.

I stared off dreamily for a bit before returning my attention to my cooking.

After a while, I had finally run out of ingredients and decided that I had made enough food.

Chanhee waved a plastic slice of pizza at me.

"Did you make mama pizza?" I played along, scooping him into my arms.

He 'fed' the pizza. Of course, since he was a baby with no concept of plastic, he shoved the thing in my mouth. I took it in between my teeth and pretended to eat it.

"Wow, that was so yummy Channie! You should become a chef when you're older!" I cheered.

I set Chanhee down on a counter and began putting all of the food into bags.

"Oh boy, this is gonna be tough. But I'm a strong mama. I can do this," I pepped myself up.

First I took Chanhee into my arms. Once I knew he was secure, I picked up the bags and put them around my arms.