Chapter 28

Hyunjin POV

Once we got back from our mini-vacation it was back to the grind. And that grind was beating Hajoon.

So to make sure I evoked fear in my enemies, I wore my most intimidating outfit.

Hoseok was also wearing a suit that made him look very professional and business-like

"Well hello there CEO Jung," I teased.

He grinned, "I do give off CEO vibes don't I."

"You ready to finish this?"

"I've been ready."

We headed to the courthouse, excited and nervous to finish this.

Namjoon was the first one to greet us.

"I hope your Father's Day date was relaxing because we've gotta bring our A-Game. Hyunjin, this is your chance to speak from the heart. Bring us home. And Hoseok, it'll be just like the other day, but the focus will be on you since you were the one she hired and you're the boyfriend. Answer honestly and everything will be fine," Namjoon instructed.

"Hey don't start without me!" A voice called.

Nari ran towards us, breathing heavily.

I gave her a big hug, "I'm glad you're here."

"I'm your best friend, of course I'd be here. I never liked Hajoon anyway so I'd like to see the look on his face when he loses. Also, the comment about your degree pissed me off so I've got some words for him when this is over," she said.

We all headed inside the courthouse, walking powerfully to the courtroom.

We entered the courtroom taking our respective seats.

Once the judge arrived we got down to business.

"Alright first Jung Hoseok please take the stand," the judge called.

Hoseok gave Chanhee to Nari and approached the box, shooting me a classic Hobi smile at me as he passed.

Hajoon's lawyer pummeled questions at Hoseok right away.

"Were you hired by Hyunjin to be Chanhee's dad and help her out with the baby?"

"Yes."

"Did you start to form a romantic bond with Hyunjin?"

"Yes."

"Did that romantic bond ever cause you to turn away from Chanhee?"

"Nope. We stopped every time Chanhee needed us. We aren't irresponsible," Hoseok said, pointedly at Hajoon.

"I see. So you took the position of father in place of my client. How did it feel knowing that you were just a filler in the place of Chanhee's actual father?"