Chapter 16

The next morning we all got up early so that we could have ample time with our families. As it was a three hour drive plus traffic, we wanted to get out as early as possible.

"Hey I'm making Chanhee a pancake, you want one?" I asked.

"No, I'll eat when we get there," Hoseok answered.

I quickly fed him his breakfast and dressed him up.

"Are we all set?" I asked, quadruple-checking everything.

"Yes ma'am!" Hoseok teased.

He gave me a cheeky smile causing his dimples to appear. I poked them playfully, earning a giggle out of Chanhee.

"Alright, move out!" I said.

I put Chanhee in his car seat and climbed in the driver side.

"I'll drive for an hour and a half and then you drive for an hour and a half. We'll stop for bathroom and baby breaks when needed," I said.

And with that we drove off. We turned on some music, and of course Hoseok being Hoseok had to dance like a goof in his seat.

Every Red Velvet song got this guy going.

After a while we played some of my favorite songs which of course were some boy groups. Hoseok glared at me as I rambled on about how handsome they were.

"You better not be serious," he pouted.

"Aish, you're always my number one," I hummed.

"After last night I better be," he snickered.

I smacked him on the arm, "And just like that you're at the bottom of my list."

And then we played some of Chanhee's baby tunes which got him all excited and for some reason got Hoseok all excited as he started goofily singing the songs with Chanhee.

It was fun. A fun family road trip.

Time Skip

A long drive later we had finally arrived at my parents' place.

I gave Hoseok a congratulatory kiss for the expert driving and picked up the sleeping Chanhee from his car seat.

"Alright this is the place," I said walking up to the front porch.

"Ah the Gwangju air is so fresh," Hoseok beamed, his dialect starting to come out in his voice.

I knocked on the door and my parents opened it excitedly.

"Oh my gosh hi honey!" My mom exclaimed, wrapping Chanhee and I in a big hug.

"Hey mom. Where's dad?" I asked.

"Oh he's bringing the brownies we baked," she said. She turned her attention to Hoseok who was awkwardly hanging back.

"And you must be Jung Hoseok. I must say you are quite attractive in person as well as over video," my mom teased.

"Sheesh mom can we make him uncomfortable once we're inside the house?" I sighed.

It was a quaint place and very homey.

She took Chanhee from my arms, coddling him almost immediately.

"Channie, you wanna show grandma what you can do?" I encouraged.

He giggled, running excitedly into her arms.

"Aigoo my little baby isn't so little anymore," she cooed, picking him up with ease.

Hoseok and I collapsed on the couch. I snuggled into his embrace as he kissed the top of my head.

"Honey can you come out here?" My mom called.