| 01 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 01 )】

The ray of sun peeked out through the ingenious curtains, blaring into the closed eyes of the sleeping woman lying comfortably in her bed

The ray of sun peeked out through the ingenious curtains, blaring into the closed eyes of the sleeping woman lying comfortably in her bed. As the bright light erupted her beauty sleep, the woman opened her eyes only to be completely blinded, causing her to turn away into a shade of darkness. Vivienne let out a warm yawn and groan before stretching out her limbs against the soft mattress that cradled her petite form.

She spun her head towards the average alarm clock sitting on the mahogany night stand showing a crimson flash of numbers blinking 5:47 a.m. Of course, Vivienne had woken up early once more just like night before, and the night after that. In fact, she was sure that there would be no day that she would be able to sleep in past 6:00 a.m, even if she tried. It was as like her body automatically woke up before the tick of 5:59 every single, blasted day.

With an irritated huff, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed only to let out a loud sigh as she thought about all the events the day planned ahead of her.

It was her third night sleeping in a new town, but she had only moved in a week ago. Those four days were spent unpacking her belongings, placing them in to it's new place in a very neat and organized manor. Vivienne took this time to make her way over to her rather large bathroom, picking out the new, outfit she had bought yesterday and laying it down smoothly on the bed before hopping into a warm shower. After an hour of pleasant formalities, she turned off the knob to the water as she wrapped a thin towel around her hair and yet another around her body.

Vivienne went over to her uniform before slipping it on with ease, straightening out the black, short sleeve top and ruffing up the high plaid grey pants through her legs. The uniform was a bit tight but it was snug enough to move around comfortably. She let down her hair, tying it back into a small braid only to make her way to the kitchen to fix up a plate of waffles, making a mental note that breakfast was something that should never be skipped. Papers in hand, and breakfast prevailed, the young girl prepared for her 20 minutes drive towards the Criminal Affairs Office where her new position was placed.

After a couple minutes of enjoying the sweet bliss of music, singing along every so often, she had finally parked in the closest spot near the main office. Her hand went over to her platinum dyed hair, undoing the braid to let loose waves fall down to her shoulder just to tie it back in a low, messily done bun. A deep breath in, and a deep breath out, she was ready to get on with the day.

Past the office security, the environment was buzzing with commotion of officers, detectives, and chiefs speaking among themselves over theories unknown. This atmosphere was nothing new to Vivienne as she was the one to request transfer from the old department she worked for in Sacramento to here.

"Hey there pal! You lost?" A bubbly voice blurted out from Vivienne's side, taking away the attention she had on a particular figure that resembled some sort of animal/monster hybrid.

"Well, a bit if I have to be frank. Do you perhaps know where the Commander of Chiefs office may be?" Vivienne smiled warmly to the large detective who's smile was much to kind. He was a tall man, fairly 6 feet tall in stance, with a shadow of a beard roaming around his chin. A pale bandage stuck on the left side of his face. Tender brown eyes flattered by cool olive skin.

"Chief Commander? Well yeah pal, but I'm not really sure if I could do that," The detective hummed in response, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck in unsureness. Vivienne couldn't help but let out a playful smile towards the man who stood in front of her.

A chuckle escaped her pink lips, "And what might your name be Detective?"

"Detective Gumshoe ma'am!" He raised his hand up to his forehead in salute towards the woman standing only 5'4 in height. The detective noticed as the female reached into the pocket of her plaid jeans but turned away in embarrassment, his cheeks flaring up in a blush.

"Well Detective Gumshoe, I hope this is enough information for you to be able to assist me," Vivienne held up a police badge reading 'Deputy Chief'.

Gumshoe held back a look of shock but clearly failed at the sight while his eyebrows raised in surprise and a small gasp left his lips. Vivienne was absolutely infatuated by the character standing before him, reminding her of cuddly bear who's looks was much too forward than its bite. "Oh? Oh! Deputy Chief! I'm so sorry! Please don't lower my salary!"

A confused look crossed the face of Vivienne at the sudden response of the figure standing in front of her, his hands curled up in a plead as sweat beaded down his face. She was at an awe, clearing her throat at the statement so that the Detective could look up at her instead of having his eyes shut in fear.

"Do not fret, your salary will not be harmed. Unless," The tips of her mouth raised up in a lively smirk, "Unless you do not lead me to the Commander's Office."

Officer Gumshoes expression brightened up with an almost fun-loving grin crossing his crooked lips. Vivienne could read gullible all over this man's face, but she also read a sweet compassion that frankly, many detectives these days in the department lacked. Some may believe that the act of kindness has nothing to do in a place full of officers; but, those with the gentle features were the types of people who got the most information when coming in contact with witnesses. The cheerful smile, the gleaming light in his eyes, the starstruck face on the detective had every trait to make a person feel at peace in the most crucial of moments, no matter the circumstances. Even his joyful stance was enough to bring a small smile to the worst of people.

"Follow me miss-"

"Autry. Miss Vivienne Autry at your service"

 Miss Vivienne Autry at your service"