| 05 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 05 )】

Miles Edgeworth

Miles Edgeworth.

The name clicked off her tongue with ease. What a complicated specimen he was. An act of coldness written all over him, a shield if you must, to hide behind. Vivienne huffed, putting her pen down as her thoughts ran wild of the Prosecutor. He was on her mind, interrupting her work, a wicked man he was.

She had no idea why she was so drawn to him. His looming aura of violence, threat hanging off his tongue, and poison dripping from his tone. Miles was parsimonious, a character besotted in her mind. Why wouldn't he leave her mind? Why must he cloud her thoughts, leaving her with a restless head? What was so special about him?

Vivienne took this as an opportunity to take a break, by visiting the Prosecuting Office. It was her duty, after all, to work hand in hand with the office in order to imprison the criminals behind bars with the right evidence. She told herseld it had nothing to do with seeing Mr. Edgeworth again, it was simply her job. Viv packed her items in a folder before locking shut her office. She respected privacy and didn't want just anyone to snoop around, even if she had nothing to hide.

Passing the familiar desk of officers, she spotted one particular one that always drew her attention. "Hello Detective Gumshoe," She spoke, causing the man to jump at the sudden noise.

"Oh, hey Chief!"

"I just wanted to let you know that I am off to visit the Prosecuting office and probably will not return until tomorrow. I wish you well on the rest of your day," Vivienne let out a cute grin that scrunched up her eyes until she couldn't see. Gumshoe was already in love with this female, not in the typical romantic way, but in a way that made him feel special. She was his superior, and not only that, but he looked up to being like her one day. Someone in a position of great power, but still having such a warm heart.

"Oh yeah. Have a great one Ms. Autry!" He waved his hand goodbye one last time before Viv made her way to her car. She placed the documents in the dashboard, letting her hair down as she drove off towards the office. It was only a couple minutes away, in the direction of her home actually, so it didn't take long for her to arrive. Vivienne didn't bother to put her hair up, she knew her priority was to act professional, but professional never got anyone any real friends.

She entered the building to be treated with a benevolent welcome by the receptionist, "Hi, how may I help you?"

"Hello there. I'm here to visit the Chief Prosecutor. Do you perhaps know where her office may be located at?" Vivienne said before taking out her badge. No receptionist would simply let her enter just with a couple of words, so the badge was more than enough proof to rid her of any suspicion.

"It's on the highest floor," The receptionist quickly answered just as the phone started to ring. Vivienne mouthed a thank you to which she gave a thumbs up in reply.

Making her way to the elevator, she pressed onto the 12th floor, the highest floor the building could lead up to. With the simple push of a button, the doors were humming to close, that was until a man called out to wait. Before the doors could close shut, Vivienne held out her hand to stop it, feeling a little bit of pressure before being released.

The man huffed and gasped for air once he made it into the elevator, taking once last breath before finally relaxing after his run. "Man, I'm out of shape. Thanks," The voice called out to her. It was a very cheery voice. Something that she would not expect at a Prosector's office. He wore a blue suit, his hair slicked back into spikes, and he held a squimish smile. Vivienne couldn't help but to giggle at the man before her, frankly, he was amusing.

"You're not a Prosecutor, huh?" The man spoke out just as the doors closed completely shut. Vivienne smiled back at the man, "You caught me. How did you know?"

"Any Prosecutor wouldn't wait for anyone," The man groaned like a kid getting denied candy by his mother. Vivienne read childish all over the man, but still wondered why a type like him would be here.

"You are not one either, I predict?"

"How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess?" Vivienne shrugged her shoulders. She didn't want to go bad mouthing all Prosecutor's but most were fairly similar to Edgeworth's cold and reserved manor.

"Names Phoenix. Phoenix Wright. I'm a Defense Attorney actually."

Vivienne knew that she and this attorney would get along just fine. "My name is Vivienne Autry. Deputy Chief."

Now this caught Phoenix's attention. He hadn't heard of any Deputy Chief until this very moment, so either she was lying, or the department got a new recruitment, but by the way the female held herself, he knew she wasn't lying.

"What're you doing here?" Phoenix asked, curiosity biting at his mind.

"Well, I thought I'd make myself familiar here since I am to be working closely with this department," Vivienne replied. The bell finally dinged, signaling that they had arrived on the 12th floor.

"Perhaps, if it is not too much information, who may you be visiting this evening?" Vivienne spoke out as they both walked down the same corridor.

"Ah, Miles Edgeworth. He's an old friend of mine," Phoenix rubbed off, recalling the memories of the three boys in school, fooling around and getting countless trouble, but Miles always being the one to get them out.

"Yes, quite a specimen that one is. Perhaps I should take a visit after my greetings to the Chief," Vivienne commented as she knocked on the door of the Chief Prosecutor's office at the very end of the hall. The name Lana Skye inscribbed into the door.

"I'm sure Edgeworth would love that."