| 23 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【(23)】

"There she is!"

"There she is!"

"The lady of the hour!"

"Congratulations Deputy! "

"What's all this?" Vivienne let out a chuckle, surprised by the sudden burst of attention as she stepped into the room. The walls were adorned with brightly colored balloons, albeit haphazardly, and her colleagues wore silly hats, their party horns adding a whimsical touch to the scene. Gleeful smiles adorned their faces, and the atmosphere was one of pure celebration.

"Hohoho! Well we couldn't let our new Deputy just come out with such a big win and not have a celebration!" Chief Grant boomed, his hearty laugh echoing within the department. His robust presence seemed to fill the room, and his eyes twinkled with genuine pride and amusement.

"Win? But how did you guys-," Vivienne's thoughts were interrupted as Miles appeared from the shadows, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "You? You orchestrated this?"

"Well of course. But I couldn't take all the credit though. Gumshoe helped a bit," He rolled his eyes towards the Detective whose gaze was calm before being called out. Detective Gumshoe, whose usual calm demeanor was disrupted by the sudden attention, stumbled out of his peaceful expression, his face flushing with embarrassment.

"It's the least I could do," he stuttered, trying to hide his embarrassment from the crowd. His bashful smile only added to the charm of the impromptu celebration. Her colleagues' warmth was overwhelming.

"You guys didn't have to do this," she said, her voice tinged with emotion.

"Nonsense!" Chief Grant waved her off. "You showed incredible bravery out there, Vivienne. We're proud to have you on the team."