| 02 |

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ||
𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑺 𝑬𝑫𝑮𝑬𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑯

【( 02 )】

"Thank you for your hospitality Detective Gumshoe

"Thank you for your hospitality Detective Gumshoe. And I am very much looking forward into working with you," Vivienne warmly smiled at the detective who seemed to grow red by the second. It has been such a long time a superior has been nice to him in any way and he too, was looking forward to working with the benevolent lady.

"Heh, no problem. And uh, me too Chief," Gumshoe rubbed the back of his neck, something he did often whenever he was nervous. Vivienne took a mental note to give the man a raise as it seemed he needed it at the moment. With that in mind, she turned to face the District Chief of Police Office, her fingers curling together to clam a soft knock against the heavy glass door.

"Come in!" A zestful voice shouted from inside, giving Vivienne full entry into her bosses office. As soon as the boss laid eyes on her, he was flabbergasted with glee.

"Autty! So nice to have you on the team!" The rather large, orange toned skin man gruffed out in a spirited way that Vivienne was sure the whole building could hear. The first time she met the District Chief, she was surprised to see how gleeful the man truly was compared to her old boss. Even to the amount of style, the two differed in tremendous ways. But Vivienne liked the change of view. She thought that a new life was what she needed to finally leave her past behind. A new position, a new promotion, a new city, a new attitude, a new opportunity to be herself.

"And I am excruciatingly pleased to be able to work alongside you and this department Chief," Vivienne let out her usual million dollar smile that lured any person into a entrapmemt of trust.

Vivienne Autry was one mysterious female. She liked to keep to herself when it came to personal matters, but other than that, she was a rather sophisticated, yet cheery young woman who adored to see others smile. It was rare to every see this girl frown or even act cold to another because she always attempted to see the best in another. But don't get her wrong, her skills is what got her in this position in the first place. One of her many talents consisted of reading people like a book. A few extra psychology classes in college taught her the tips and tricks that people acted whenever a lie crossed their lips.

And whenever she knew someone was up to no good, she wouldn't hesitate one bit to bring them in, even with a smile plastered on her face.

"Oh please. Please. Just call me," Her boss stopped for a moment before bursting out, "Chief Gant!" His laughter boomed and Vivienne swore she could feel the room shake.

"Well, I most certainly will Chief Gant," Vivienne let out a small giggle, raising her hand up to cover her mouth ever so slightly, a habit she had picked up since young.

Mr. Damon Gant, the district head of police, scanned over the last few papers requesting the transfer of Vivienne along with her promotional position. "Only 23 Autty! You must be a real talent!"

Vivienne prided herself for her accomplishments. Although she was still fairly young, she had graduated with a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and a master's degree in Psychology all while she was still in high school. She had already been working with the police force at age 19 and grew her position ever since until the ripe age of 23. One day, she would look up to the position of Chief of Police post, but for now, she was extremely satisfied on where she stood.

"I would like to say so myself sir," Vivienne replied to her boss who just finished scanning the papers before letting out one last, final signature, confirming her newly fledged position of Deputy Chief.

Vivienne tried her best to contain the excitement welling up in her stomach, only causing her legs to frankly shake as she held in all the energy. "Autty! Welcome to the job!"

Everything in her wanted to scream, dance, throw her fist in air and wave, but instead, she sent the biggest smile to her boss, "Happy to be here sir."

"Now, onto some important business. I know you spoke about working in the field," Damon Gant began, rubbing his white chin hairs together in thought, "And I have come to the decision to let you! Obviously as long as you keep your paperwork done, and all."

This time, the young girl couldn't help but let out a small squeal, lifting her tightly formed fist towards her chest in pure happiness. "You won't regret it Chief Gant!"

"Oh I hope so Autty!" He clapped his hands along to the beat of her heart, "So, everything here is done! Officer Gumshoe will be showing you to your office and give you a rundown of how we do things hear at the Criminal Justice Affairs Office!"

Ms. Autry stood up, holding out her hand for the boss to shake, but instead, he got up and pulled her into a large hug which caught her off guard. She cleared her throat, taking this as something not unusual to occur given the cheerful attitude this man had. Vivienne took one last look back to her boss who was had a cheeky grin glued onto his face.

As soon as the office doors shut, Vivienne let out a short, but quiet scream, jumping up and down with her acceptance papers in hand, completely unaware of the two figures coming her way. Once she had her little burst of joy, she turned her head over to the side, finally taking notice of the two men. One was being Detective Gumshoe who was looking at her with admiration and happiness while the other was calm, yet confused.

Heat rose up to her cheeks realising she had been caught being completely unprofessional. She cleared her throat, composing herself once more before speaking, "Pardon me for my unprofessionalism. My excitement got the better of me."

The young man took a step towards her, a maroon colored overcoat with a white cravat suiting his figure. In fact, when taking a better look, Vivienne could see how extremely attractive this man was, now mentally punishing herself because she had been a fool only a few minutes ago. "Uh, this is Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth sir!" Gumshoe introduced the man standing before her. His cold gaze was enough to send anyone cowering to the corner, but Vivienne was use to these looks. Being a female in the police force, especially at a high ranking, was sure to gain plentiful amounts of hate so it was nothing new that she couldn't handle.

Mr. Edgeworth looked over to Gumshoe with a glare, angry at the fact that he introduced him to a random, insignificant girl in the office.

"Oh! Prosecutor Edgeworth, it's a pleasure to meet you."